A Must Read

CruelKind

Orson Scott Card - Enders Game, Enders Shadow, and all related series. A Planet Called Treason.

F Scott Fitzgerald - Fallen Dragon

Terry Goodkind - the Sword of Truth Series

Robert Jordan - The Wheel of Time Series

Stephen King - Damn near everything

Piers Anthony - The Apprentice Adept Series, The Mode Series, The Xanth Series

• Like 2

Orson Scott Card - Enders Game (series):

The great thing about that book is, it was written in the 70's and yet many of the technologies were envisioned. String theory, Tablets (called a "Desk" in the books) and more. Plus, the dialog and storyline is so well written, you'll see why they didn't need to deviate much from it when translating to the movie.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

WOW CruelKind- nice taste in books :)

I simply love Ender's game. Prolly read it 8 times. I recently also read Enders Shadow- it's about Bean's life and his point of view about what happened in Ender's Game. Really enjoyed it.

Only read two other books from Ender's series. I had a harder time getting through them.  I was really pulled in by the drama and the battle school setting from Ender's Game and the sequals are vastly different.

Robert Jordan Wheel of Time--- oh yes!!! I have read all of them up until the book where the author passed away. Started the next one- the story is still good but the writing style is COMPLETELY different. I am glad the writer didnt try to mimick Jordan but it is a large switch to the tone of the story. Need to pick it back up...have to know what happens!

Read a few Xanth novels. Good entertainment for silly wit and quirky humor. Very different style, not my favorite go to, but good for a change

• Like 1

WOW CruelKind- nice taste in books :)

I simply love Ender's game. Prolly read it 8 times. I recently also read Enders Shadow- it's about Bean's life and his point of view about what happened in Ender's Game. Really enjoyed it.

Only read two other books from Ender's series. I had a harder time getting through them.  I was really pulled in by the drama and the battle school setting from Ender's Game and the sequals are vastly different.

Robert Jordan Wheel of Time--- oh yes!!! I have read all of them up until the book where the author passed away. Started the next one- the story is still good but the writing style is COMPLETELY different. I am glad the writer didnt try to mimick Jordan but it is a large switch to the tone of the story. Need to pick it back up...have to know what happens!

Read a few Xanth novels. Good entertainment for silly wit and quirky humor. Very different style, not my favorite go to, but good for a change

Thanks, you would really appreciate the Sword of Truth by Terry Goodkind, if you like WOT. Damn shame he died & I agree about the writing style. Fallen Dragon is a really different story too, and good writing though a few wonky sections near the beginning regarding super-science technology, otherwise a very entertaining story.

• Like 1