Sandy Hook, Was it real? (Serious thread, don't get mad)

ecLipse~

I have never said I believed in these other stories, I am talking about 1 story here, and what makes you think I never did a research? and I don't understand why you are so mad for. everyone in this world has a different mind and because everyone is not agreeing with you does not give you any right to insult them and insult me for that matter.. am I calling you an idiot? am I calling you a moron? no, so why should you? I was willing to open and debate this because I can take people's opinions and I will look at those links now, thank you for posting them.

You came here posting a video from conspiracy theorists who fancy themselves investigative journalist, you also gave the impression that you believed it to be fact, which you defended in your subsequent posts with even more "facts" and arguments to support it.

In your first post you wrote "Tell me what you think of this video" and so I did. Since this video is over a year old and been uploaded multiple times I am familiar with it and the theories around it. So, I gave my opinion just the same as you did. I do not find it amusing to make a mockery of a legitimate tragedy where lives were lost, especially those of innocent children. That would be why I could take offense to such a post. Surely you were aware that this could happen when you chose to post this in an open forum, trying to provoke thought and arguments. (obviously you did or you wouldn't include "don't get mad" in the title)

In your next post you presented the same faulty evidence that has been debunked and is based off of someone elses assumptions with absolutely no fact checking or thought put into it. You also stated "Sandy Hook is a load of bullshit and anyone who tries to tell me otherwise can stop wasting their breath" which contradicts what you are saying here, not to mention the fact that you wanted to post this in order to provoke some sort of thoughtful discussion.

If you did do any research, you wouldn't have been so hasty to go all-in and believe this story because if you had you would have found all the counter-arguments to the claims these people have made. (not to mention most of these theories are based off of unconfirmed early/vague reports of the shooting).

My opinion is just that, my opinion, if I think you're an idiot sheep for believing this video and believing wholeheartedly in this conspiracy theory, then I am entitled to it, just like you are entitled to your opinion that it is all a hoax and I'm an a**h**** for thinking it's all bullshit and having the aforementioned opinion. I also do not mind that people do not agree with me, since I am not here to somehow validate my arguments by looking for approval from my peers (as a matter of fact the decision to lock this topic was an unpopular opinion). People don't have to agree with me, just like I don't have to agree with you or you with me.

Also, I did not say you personally believed in those alternate theories, By "these are the same people" I was referring to the people I mentioned in my previous paragraph who came up with the theory that Sandy Hook was a government plot to further their agenda for gun control and regulation. 

Edited by GI-JOE
  • Like 2

I dont think that some admins think this thread is appropriate. 

Edited by F3@R

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/newtown.asp

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/11/sandy-hook-hoax-theories-explained-debunking-newtown-truther_n_2627233.html

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/debunked-sandy-hook-newtown-conspiracy-hoax.1074/

I've been head to head with truthers over this shit before, so this thread ain't new to me. What makes me sad is that people still fall for this kind of thing and spread it like a bad infection as if it were fact.  

• Like 2

This is sensationalism and nothing else. We want to take things out of context and see things that are not there. In any dramatic event where many people have died, people have never had real knowledge of what happened, things have been hidden or even blamed a third party that had nothing to do with it.

It's as if we would like to inquire into matters which have done much harm to many people and we do not think that this is not comparable with romance magazines.

• Like 3

Let's say I wanted to prove that the moon landing was fake. I could probably put together enough "details" that, when you ignore everything else, makes it seem like the moon landing never happened. 

I find this whole conspiracy to be extremely tasteless. You are mocking the suffering of a community with no basis and you lack sufficient evidence to support your claims.  Even worse, your entire argument is based off of confirmation bias. For whatever reason, you want to believe that the government orchestrated the event and any details, however irrelevant, support your claim. It's inconsiderate to those who were affected and it's absurdly ignorant.

• Like 1

Actually mel, the moon landing has been attacked before! I remember when I was around 10 or 11, I was into this science fiction magazine and it had an article feature a CT on the moon landing being fake. it ranged from things like No stars visible in the background, the way the flag moved, the way shadows were positioned and shit.

It's still a popular theory today. Actually popular enough that the Mythbusters took it on and proved the falacies with the argument. :)

• Like 1

This is just as bad as all the crap about boston bombing being a set up. I spent hours and hours reading about both these murders when they happened. I noticed that alot of the sites trying to call it a hoax were using the first bits of information we all heard. At the time when panic has set and no one quite knows whats going on.

But the one thought I could not shake, was why would the government do it? Why would the parents go along with it. If the children are alive where are they? Obviously they are no longer with family as the risk of them being "caught out" would be too great.

No parent would willingly kiss their child goodbye, never to see them again just because they were told to.

• Like 5