Unwanted binds, how to delete them?

Rastafari

Hi! I have a little problem with unwanted binds. I wasn't playing this game for a long time, and no one was touching my pc, and changing any files on it. Today, after long brake, I was playing a few maps on your Begginers server, this one located in Germany. There was =F|A= Vodka and another admin on server, and on Bremen map, I don't know why, but it started to spam on chat insults on admins, so I was muted. After this I quit game and came here to start topic, and repair my problem, because I don't want to have to be banned on this server network.

Edited by Rastafari

Problem is, that I don't know on which button this binds are, because there is a few of them.

EDIT: I'll try this solution, I'll not lose any of my configs, because I'm playing on standard one.

Edited by Rastafari

• Clan Friend

I don't know if this is real or you just typed those things yourself :P

anyway, type:

/bindlist

to see a list of all binded keys

then /unbind key

(or just don't press that key ;) )

check your etconfig.cfg and your autoexec.cfg for all mods

• Like 2

I got muted once because I had downloaded a config that someone recommended. I didn't check it before I installed it and connected to a server.. All of the movement keys were turned into chat binds that spammed happy faces and stuff....Plus I couldn't move.   Installing an unknown config without checking it first is not a thing I will do again.

I appreciate what I learned about config files by making that mistake.

• Like 1

Alright, I have connected to server once again, used /bindlist command, and there was nothing shown as an insult text on any key, for my own security I used /unbindall command also and reasign keys to default in options menu. Seems to be working, so I don't have nothing to worry about.

Thanks for help guys, this topic now can be closed. 

BTW Scortch, I didn't downloaded any configs. I'm using default ones, that are in files after game installation.

Sorry Rastafari, I wasn't really suggesting that you had. I should have been clearer.  My response was more of a response to S3ti's question.  'Instant insult keys' would be easy to make and a person might inadvertently end up with one or more through ignorance or inattention.

I retrospect I suppose it does look like that was what I was suggesting happened to you. My Bad.

• Clan Friend

some etpro player's configs have bind with some quotes, but certainly not insults to admins, because on etpro private servers there are no 'admins' :P

p.s.

/bindlist tells you only the things actually binded, but if I do something like:

bind h exec saysomething.cfg

and then in saysomething.cfg

say blablabla

I will say that when I press h, even if I don't read it in the config, if you have configs in multiple files you should check them all.