Abnormally low FPS

Kat0n
Go to solution Solved by SunLight,

I went on the server for the last time wednesday or last tuesday, normal fps and ping, connected yesterday, normal ping but fps around 7-8 at most, it can reach 2 or even 1...I can't understand where it comes from, since I didn't modify anything in my setting, and I'm using lowest sound/graphics quality + low quality sky (all my SS from the game not using /autoscreenshot turn grey). Last time I played normally I only went on NoQ1 and Fun1. Tried to play WT (which needs a better FPS than ET), and my FPS is low but normal on this game so I guess it comes from ET and not from my pc.

Could you help me pls? Searched a bit on the forum and couldn't find my problem among the recent topics. Thank you in advance, tell me if you need more info :)

Tried Jay1, Silent1 and NoQ1, then generalized. WT is War Thunder, another pc game I play and which I quoted to explain why the problem doesn't come from the pc or doesn't seem to :)

Uh my knowledge about pc components and stuff is very limited, so I'm going to provide you the information written on the pc, hope that's what you wanted to know otherwise tell me :)

Name of the pc : packard bell

CPU : AMD Dual-Core Processor E1-1200

Size : 17.3" 16.9 HD+ LED LCD

AMD Radeon HD 7310 (I'm almost sure this is the graphic card)

6GB DDR3 Memory (dunno what it is)

750 GB HDD (must be the cam info)

DVD-Super Multi DL drive 

802.11 b/g/n (must be the wifi info)

6-cell Li-ion battery 

Hard to tell, on a laptop I would first check all those power saving options for cpu / gpu.

I doubt it's a config problem if it goes down to 2 fps but you can just try it with the default config. Save your configs first from the mod/profile folders and then delete them (not the saved ones :P). If it doesn't work you can just copy them back and look further...

• Like 1

Uh my knowledge about pc components and stuff is very limited, so I'm going to provide you the information written on the pc, hope that's what you wanted to know otherwise tell me :)

Name of the pc : packard bell

CPU : AMD Dual-Core Processor E1-1200

Size : 17.3" 16.9 HD+ LED LCD

AMD Radeon HD 7310 (I'm almost sure this is the graphic card)

6GB DDR3 Memory (dunno what it is)

750 GB HDD (must be the cam info)

DVD-Super Multi DL drive 

802.11 b/g/n (must be the wifi info)

6-cell Li-ion battery 

Yes the Radeon is your graphics card. Try /r_primitives 2 as sunlight suggested

6GB DDR3 is your system RAM, and you have a lot of it. Try increasing hunkmegs to 256.

750 GB HDD is your hard drive

802.11 is your wi-fi

Also make sure THREADED OPTIMIZATION for ET is turned OFF in your graphics  card program settings. ET does not use multicore CPUs.

• Like 1

Thank you all, tried almost everything but it doesn't work, even reinstalled ET, except disabling the threaded optimization, currently looking for a valid translation cuz my menu is in french lol. Recently dled some stuff from AMD website in order to improve my graphic card  (I think so) so it prolly enabled this setting.

optimisation filetée ?

Ok some quick research... I see Radeon may not support Threaded Optimization, it appears it could just be an NVidia only feature..

While running ET, Go into Task Manager (CTRL ALT DEL)

You should see: Enemy Territory

Right click, and click GO TO PROCESS

It now opens the Processes tab, with et.exe *32 highlighted for you.

Right click et.exe and click SET AFFINITY.

Select ET to only use 1 core of your CPU.

• Like 1

optimisation filetée ?

Ok some quick research... I see Radeon may not support Threaded Optimization, it appears it could just be an NVidia only feature..

While running ET, Go into Task Manager (CTRL ALT DEL)

You should see: Enemy Territory

Right click, and click GO TO PROCESS

It now opens the Processes tab, with et.exe *32 highlighted for you.

Right click et.exe and click SET AFFINITY.

Select ET to only use 1 core of your CPU.

Tried, still not working and each time I launch ET again I have to configure this setting again, dunno why I can't save it...will try later when I'll be back to my student room, it maybe comes from the connection after all :)

Thank you all, tried almost everything but it doesn't work, even reinstalled ET, except disabling the threaded optimization, currently looking for a valid translation cuz my menu is in french lol. Recently dled some stuff from AMD website in order to improve my graphic card  (I think so) so it prolly enabled this setting.

Threaded optimization is for nvidia only. Then undo this "stuff" :P reinstall the video driver or try another version. I read some time ago that some new ATI driver versions had performance problems with older games like ET.

Tried, still not working and each time I launch ET again I have to configure this setting again, dunno why I can't save it...will try later when I'll be back to my student room, it maybe comes from the connection after all :)

That's normal, you can install prio for that, it integrates into taskmanager and then you can save affinity and priorities.

http://www.prnwatch.com/prio/

• Like 1