silent1/hardcore - Map Suggestions

rtcwet

It would be fun to play with the Hardcore server settings but with all the random maps from jaymod and NQ. But that would never happen! lol

• Like 1

It would be fun to play with the Hardcore server settings but with all the random maps from jaymod and NQ. But that would never happen! lol

that was also my idea but im not sure if it works cause on silent1 we are always playing the same maps the whole time like: Siwa Oasis, Fueldump, Bacerace, Special delivery  Goldruch and more... but they are voting for it so seems to be popular and they like it.... few of them are complaining why we are playing the same maps and and and...

I want to write some new nice maps down for silent1 like:

Eagles 2 way

MLB Temple

Purefrag (dunno if it works for lag and size)

Assault

Tramfight

• Like 1

For Silent I'd love to see the following

Added:

Axis Lab

Breakout

MLB Temple

Resurrection 

Changed:

Marrakesh to Marrakesh 2: Streets By Night

Removed (if there needs to be a map reduction to accommodate):

Cathedral

Millennium Falcon

Saberpeak

UJE Christmas

There's a couple specific maps I'm trying to remember the names of that I'd love to see again. One was a dam at night that the allies had to raid and explode. Not Hydro dam. The other was some island map with an underground bunker allies had to raid and steal something from.

• Like 1

Maps I'd like to suggest for Silent1:

1944 Beach final

Dubrovnik

MLB Day Break

Stargate Center 1945

Village

Stalingrad

Password 2

Resurrection

Axis Lab final

Edited by ~Sumiko

• 3 weeks later...

Industry is a good sized map. Would be perfect for 8v8-14v14.  Industry Industry! It's a quality map. 

I remember when industry was in the rotation back in like 2009, was a pretty nice map 

Suggest for Silent1:

Resurrection

Axis Lab final

1944 Beach final

MLB Day Break

Stargate Center 1945

Marrakesh 2: Streets By Night

Transmitter

Edited by My Ass

theres so many maps we could add that would be great imo.

cortex

startgate

resurrection

byzantine

mlb Hotchkiss

industry

1944 beach

dude there are so many maps I used to play on nub servers back in the day that I miss

secret bay is sick, and nachteinbruch of course. oo and eagles. also tram fight lolz.

please add these sick maps. in all honesty why don't we just take the voting option off and put in a set rotation? its worth a try and would keep everyone happy imo.

• Like 1

in all honesty why don't we just take the voting option off and put in a set rotation? its worth a try and would keep everyone happy imo.

:agree

In theory, the voting system is perfect as it allows the players to decide which map will be played next.  However, in practice, I've noticed we simply end up playing the same maps over and over again.  I don't mind playing Supply/Special/Adler/Siwa etc, but there's just so many other great maps out there that are worth playing that it's a pity that we just play the same 7-8 maps all day...

• 4 months later...

Hello. I'm Ben from silent1/hardcore! Here are my map suggestions. 

Axis Lab

Transmitter

Pipeline Refinery

Bergen

Dubrovnik

Tram Siege ET

Castle Attack beta5.0

Return to Carnage Canyon 2

Navarone

Airfield Assault

Rhine Bridge

Day Break

Fuel Depot (custom)

Panther Base

Byzantine

Old Kombinat

Radar Laboratory

1944 Omaha beta3*

X-Posed

Base

Hydro Dam v2

The one's in bold are my preferred picks. I hope at least one of these maps get selected for use in silent1 or hardcore. Thanks.

So, can we add a couple of these please? It would be nice  to change some maps, especially ones that don't get played much, 2 tanks, village, reactor etc...\

Thanks   :all rock:

theres so many maps we could add that would be great imo.

cortex

startgate

resurrection

byzantine

mlb Hotchkiss

industry

1944 beach

dude there are so many maps I used to play on nub servers back in the day that I miss

secret bay is sick, and nachteinbruch of course. oo and eagles. also tram fight lolz.

please add these sick maps. in all honesty why don't we just take the voting option off and put in a set rotation? its worth a try and would keep everyone happy imo.

Lets make it happen then!!!    ESPECIALLY 1944 Beach!!!  

Also, I see FA members suggesting maps as well as non members but um, is this the right channel to do this? Doesn't seem like its happenin mang. I know we're supposed to suggest on forums..

:ninja:

Edited by Pablin

:agree

In theory, the voting system is perfect as it allows the players to decide which map will be played next.  However, in practice, I've noticed we simply end up playing the same maps over and over again.  I don't mind playing Supply/Special/Adler/Siwa etc, but there's just so many other great maps out there that are worth playing that it's a pity that we just play the same 7-8 maps all day...

The way that I see it maps get voted depending on the types of players that are more prevalent in the server. When the older guys are prevalent, it's a 10-ish map rotation with Delivery/Adler/Braun/Frost etc, and when the newer guys are prevalent the original maps and the maps that have not been played in 160 maps get played. I don't know about you guys, but I've definitely played Oasis enough times to know that it's a bad map.

Edited by thvnder