ET Pro Night

h3ll

not to be rude but i have no clue what i just read/watched maybe explain your self a little more and you might get the reply your looking for

• Like 2

Not to be rude.

Would like to do an et pro night pre - maps and organized teams ...its not that hard to understand ...It will not be open to knew guys on the bock although they can spec but in know way will or should it be made who ever joins can log in.

Its an et pro night ... so who do i need contact guys ?

no its easy to understand... thats why there are 93 views and only 3 reply and 2 are from you 

and i doubt we will lock down a server to host anything like that and we dont exclude newbies  as you call them 

everyone is equal and or welcome to all our hosted events no need to discriminate .

• Like 3

Oh man... never knew that naming new comers to et (newbies) is discrimination, but moving right along, with the topic, what i was simply pointing out that if you put the word out and reached out to appropriate et pro players you will have a high level of skilled players coming in. Now that will create two issues. New guys or guys who mostly play other mods will more than likely be ripped apart and then as we all have seen and gone through the accusations of haxor and blah blah will just spiral out of control thus making what should be a fun event turn into a complete disaster, this is what i pointing out regarding locking down the server.(see bellow) 

You might want to think about locking teams once people join up(first in first served) others can spec the game and if a player decides to leave and a slot becomes open then anyone can join. This is what i reffering to regarding locking down server. ( Locking Teams is what i was referring to ) Anyway, ill leave it to who ever if they choose to pursue this idea. 

• Administrators

We will get it going and i have different plan for that... We are planning for one objective base ETpro server and one SW based.

• Like 6

• Clan Friend

first we should try to populate FA etpro server... I used to sit there alone trying to jump supply depot walls for ages, and nobody connected. Imho we should set some times (one for europeans one for americans, etc.) and who likes etpro (and playing for obj) tries and checks the server during that time window.

as regards newbies... there is nothing bad with them, but imho they should know how to play at least a bit.

boring story follows :P

recently I was (fail)trickjumping in fa etpro server, waiting for someone to connect. A player connects and presses F1 straight away...

I think: ok, no more tj with full respawntime, but I vote for te_valhalla, because 1on1 on suppy is not the best thing, maybe if he didn't ready up we could instaspawn...

vote fails. I call votes a couple of times, vote valhalla: fail, vote match reset (so at least we respawn instantly during warmup) fail.

I don't like 1on1 much, but we fight (even if I am low- I had to use pistols etc. because it was like playing vs an omnibot). I wanted to jump but no. 1on1 Valhalla? no.

'bit boring, so I decide to try and play more seriously, and see if he disconnects :evil:

To his credit I must say that he didn't disconnect even when I started spawnkilling him fulltime, while many better players ragequit when they lose. But why playing there if you are a total beginner?

I don't complain because all is relative, for some players I am like that guy was for me, especially if I play when I'm tired, and I plant the dyna in the gun that was already destroyed :P

• Like 2

First off you are quite hard to understand which your odd choice of words, but, I see no idea why FA couldn't get a ETpro server popular once a handful of players start dedicating their playing time to get on that specific server. I could easily populate it myself if it's an ETpro server just by putting the word out to the ETpro scene players since there is no real ETpro pub server anymore like ND80/Snl/ETbox etc. Im also quite sure alot of regular players off of the silent and HC servers would enjoy playing on it also, to a point anyway. As for the noob/newbie thing or not letting less skilled players on the server I disagree with that idea. All FA members fall into that category skill wise but I rather enjoy playing with most of them in the rare occurrence that I play ET anymore. Ntm would be dumb for them to host a server and not be able to play on it themselves due to so called *skill level requirements* as you are somewhat implying.

• Like 2

• Platinum VIP

I think: ok, no more tj with full respawntime, but I vote for te_valhalla, because 1on1 on suppy is not the best thing, maybe if he didn't ready up we could instaspawn...

vote fails. I call votes a couple of times, vote valhalla: fail, vote match reset (so at least we respawn instantly during warmup) fail.

Ok, so Im not entirely sure if this works on etpro but if you have problems with casting votes (especially 1o1 since the system has it that you will need both players to vote f1) you can try casting a vote and go to spec, the vote will still be on with one f1 when theres now a total of 1 player. This will cause the vote to pass. It can come in useful when you play 1o1 with someone who doesnt really know how to vote.

(once again Im not sure if it will work in etpro, it works on most other mods I think)

• Like 1

Depending on the time, I might be in for a few rounds. Although I hope you don't mind me being a newbie..

haha..yeah ive spct you several times and somehow i dont think your a newbie ( hehe, using the term without and discrimination )

Btw...we all and i am all were newbies when we first started playing et and the same applies to any new game one decides to start playing. 

first we should try to populate FA etpro server... I used to sit there alone trying to jump supply depot walls for ages, and nobody connected. Imho we should set some times (one for europeans one for americans, etc.) and who likes etpro (and playing for obj) tries and checks the server during that time window.

as regards newbies... there is nothing bad with them, but imho they should know how to play at least a bit.

boring story follows :P

recently I was (fail)trickjumping in fa etpro server, waiting for someone to connect. A player connects and presses F1 straight away...

I don't like 1on1 much, but we fight (even if I am low- I had to use pistols etc. because it was like playing vs an omnibot). I wanted to jump but no. 1on1 Valhalla? no.

'bit boring, so I decide to try and play more seriously, and see if he disconnects :evil:

To his credit I must say that he didn't disconnect even when I started spawnkilling him fulltime, while many better players ragequit when they lose. But why playing there if you are a total beginner?

I don't complain because all is relative, for some players I am like that guy was for me, especially if I play when I'm tired, and I plant the dyna in the gun that was already destroyed :P

Ah yes the rage quit... i myself have been there back in the days when my head never had a single gray hair. Nowadays, its more like #$(#**#*#!@_$%$* when i get owned and im waiting for full spawn time.. :-)

First off you are quite hard to understand which your odd choice of words, but, I see no idea why FA couldn't get a ETpro server popular once a handful of players start dedicating their playing time to get on that specific server. I could easily populate it myself if it's an ETpro server just by putting the word out to the ETpro scene players since there is no real ETpro pub server anymore like ND80/Snl/ETbox etc. Im also quite sure alot of regular players off of the silent and HC servers would enjoy playing on it also, to a point anyway. As for the noob/newbie thing or not letting less skilled players on the server I disagree with that idea. All FA members fall into that category skill wise but I rather enjoy playing with most of them in the rare occurrence that I play ET anymore. Ntm would be dumb for them to host a server and not be able to play on it themselves due to so called *skill level requirements* as you are somewhat implying.

Hi Mathew, what i was referring to is that if the word is put out that F|A will host a etpro night and the word gets around within community (xfire, irc etc ) then make no mistake old schoolers will pop in just to see "if they still got it(their skill level). So can you imagine having a 30 slot server all occupied or the majority of them are low-med and perhaps a self proclaimed high skill level players all joining up and at the same time you get very new guys to the et scene joining up. Whats more than likely to happen is you would see the more comfortable guys playing with pistols and the new guys with the regular submachine gun and then....well you know how the main chat would like after being killed -> . "omg hax" , "wtf wh" , "sure", "get hitboxes" etc etc etc.