Answer me #8

Reallity

Yeahyeah i know it's been over 3 weeks BUT i have a new questions for you guys to crack ur heads on.

Every week I will post debatable question, the one with the best answer wins and will be put on the honor list!
Rules:

1. No offtopic chatter
2. (NEW!) You are allowed to have a critical remark on others posts to get the debate going.
Answer the question below and make sure to explain why you have chosen that particular viewpoint.

Ãf you think you have the next best question for this thread please pm me!

Roll of honor:
Melgibson Question 1 Question 5 
WeetBix Kid Question 2
Gorilla Question 3
Docwarren Question 4
Midnight Question 6

SMEE Question 7

Question #8
Would you rather be able to controle your dreams or be able to view dreams the day after on your television?

• Like 2

Control my dreams for sure. Couple of reasons why:

A: I don't really like scary movies, so why would I want to watch nightmares on the TV.

B: What if I just dream of clouds or something boring? With the first power I could change that into something nice.

C: Then I'd have to waste time next day to watch the dreams instead of living them while I sleep.

Only downside I could see is that dreaming means you aren't sleeping too deeply. Would that still apply if I'm controlling them?

I would want to control my dreams then aswell,

@draperion you would get rest probably, if you dream you are in the so called 'REM Sleep' which is the deepest form of sleep, which makes you get well rested.

so i doubt it will affect your daily performance :)

I taught myself how to control my dreams and my dreams consist of me playing football.. And I love watching football on television. All and all I would like to watch my dreams on television.

ahhh maybe you don't know but you can control your dreams :P I can tell you how does it works in my language but my english isn't good enough so I can't do this :P I just say that it's called LD - Lucid Dream you can read about it. About REM, how to remember dreams etc etc :P if someone is interested how to do this just pm me :P I should help

I would rather view them the day after on a television.. I have had so many dreams of loved ones who have passed away, and my son who passed away, and if I could actually sit and watch them and hear them, it would be a wonderful way to keep the memories of them alive..

• Like 3

Control them!! Dreams in my opinion are a random collection of events that occur throughout your day or week. Sometimes they are so real you wake up and think it actually happened and hope that it wasn't real. Overall, dreams freak me out. I would rather not dream. Controlling them for me would be better...just saying.

JoNzE!!

I for one would like to have the option to view back my dreams. I am not able to steer my dreams very accurate but i found out that i can atleast define the theme ill dream in and when i am deep into this dream my unconsious imagination makes it freaking awesome.  I always dream in a very intens way experiencing the sickest things that i couldnt even imagine myself. And almost always when i wake up i remember my dreams for like a minute or so but then its gone.And most of the time i would want to continue my dreams. So when i am able to review my dreams ill be able to continue the story.

Why the feaking hell would I want to control my dreams? It takes all excitement out!

Dreams are so wonderful, because the mind has a free go during the hours of sleep. No will to control it, neither to limit it.

"my unconsious imagination makes it freaking awesome"

Yes, definately. If I would have to chose, it would be reviewing the dreams. However, that would take away the mystery as well. Leave them be, dreams are awesome.

• Like 1

Hmm interesting Question. But how about i say i don't want both!
1st. Dreams are dreams. And it mostly only "sci-fi". Cannot understand why u dream from something.
2nd. That is not a good thing to controlling of dreams. Why? Because it can give a good feedback from your mental health. Like if u have a great sex whit some1. It mean ur brain on holiday. But if u dream something horrible or nightmare it mean something went or will be wrong in ur real life. 

Well this is an interesting question. To control ones dreams? or to be able to view them the next day. Any good debate has different reasons for each side. However, I am torn by this one for the following reasons.

if I were to control my dreams, it would be absolutly fantastic. I could do what i want when I want with nobody to stop me. This would be awesome! So awsome in fact that I would rather sleep in hopes of dreaming so i could do what I want when I want. I would come home from work and sleep till I have to leave again. I would'nt eat or spend time with my girlfriend. I would just sleep sleep sleep my life away. Relationships with family would suffer as would my friends. Bills would'nt get paid because let's face it... why work when you can have a fantastic dream of being rich and not having to worry about these things? Not to great to me. People would definatly take advantage of this.

If I were to be able to review my dreams the next day on tv, It would be sweet. I mean seriously, who hasn't woken from an awesome dream prematurely and thought to themselves or declared out loud."CRAP! WHY AM I AWAKE?!" Now with this great invention, You can review said dream. But alas there is a downside. You woke up midream, therefore corrupting the file. What happens next? We will never know because it originated in your subconcious which went dormant once awoken. So it will be like watching a dvd and it starts skipping and freezing. Causing more rage because you can't continue where you were when you woke up. 

So in conclusion I would have to side with viewing them on tv. It's less destructive to your personal life and even with the drawback of viewing unfinished dreams, There are always the ones that come in the complete version to be viewed. So that drawback outweighs ruining your life.

Sm0ke aka Agent *chews on some popcorn* :)

• Like 1