Time for a NEW AbnerDog rotation ... we've had same since July '13

It's really time for a COMPLETE NEW ROTATION again on the Abnerdog Server, we've had the same set-up for I guess 5+ months now, looking at the last updated posting on Abnerdog's rotations ...

I'd personally REALLY love to see BACK in the rotation =

- CREEK

- BLOC

- OVERGROWN

... also, WHY do we always wait until AFTER Christmas to ad WINTER CRASH into the mix ? LOL ... seems a little LATE whoever just added it.

;) Thanks for listening ...

• Like 1

i agree we need new maps on the Abnerdog Server been too long.

i would like to see

creek   (objective style) 

overgrown   (as domination)

convertor B)

• Like 1

We really do need a new rotation, this one has gotten so dry. I don't care about maps, just more objective based games please. I believe 3/4 of this rotation was just TDM. It could get interesting if you toss a FFA in there as well.

Instead of complaining, how about we actually help them come up with a list?

Here's what I would like to see:

1. Bog - Either TDM or Sabatoge

2. Bloc - TDM or Dom

3. Creek - HQ or Sabatoge

4. Overgrown - Dom

5. Countdown - HQ or TDM

6. Broadcast - TDM

7. Vacant - Search and destroy

8. District - Dom

9. Chinatown - TDM

10. Pipeline - Search and destroy

I don't care if these are in it exactly, but I would love to see a few of them used.

• Like 1

2. Bloc - TDM or Dom

4. Overgrown - Dom

5. Countdown - HQ or TDM

6. Broadcast - TDM

8. District - Dom

9. Chinatown - TDM

I don't care if these are in it exactly, but I would love to see a few of them used.

I think this a really good starting list. Couple things I'd change:

Remove Broadcast: It was just in the rotation and is also often too large for the amount of people playing on the server.

Change Countdown to DOM: This has always been a very good and fast paced map for domination.

Change District to FFA: I find this combo works very well.

Even so, if people are getting bored of the current rotation, it's probably time for a change.

wasn't implying that it wasn't time for a new one, was just curious where this "since july '13" thing was coming from, lol

If you guys got ideas of what you want, come up with a rotation and I'll plug it in.

2. Bloc - TDM or Dom

4. Overgrown - Dom

5. Countdown - HQ or TDM

6. Broadcast - TDM

8. District - Dom

9. Chinatown - TDM

i like this rotation looks good to me. i new to this type of stuff but i will learn how to go about it as i go. thanks for  the info 

convertor  :rolleyes:

Hi Joe ... The July 13 thing is just the last date I see about any post regarding a rotation adjustment to Abnerdog, that's all. And it seems like we have been playing the same rotation for awhile so I ran with that date ... I'm sure it's been at least early November then if you remember making a change around that time.

As far as a List ... What Dddgrn, posted is decent ... the thing I recall was too many objective maps in a row people disliked, so we should always rotate the objective matches with a TDM between them or else people tended to not want to play. It needs balance, too many TDM's is just as bad as too many objective maps ... Should always flip-flops from one to the other, IMO.

• Like 1

Hi Joe ... The July 13 thing is just the last date I see about any post regarding a rotation adjustment to Abnerdog, that's all. And it seems like we have been playing the same rotation for awhile so I ran with that date ... I'm sure it's been at least early November then if you remember making a change around that time.

well is a mix map server lol, have to put in the objectives some where. Also DD&me just changed it the last time, then i modified the rotation 3 weeks ago for you all.

• Like 1

set g_gametype "war"

set sv_mapRotation "gametype war map mp_broadcast gametype dom map mp_crash gametype war map mp_creek gametype koth map mp_crossfire gametype war map mp_bog gametype sab map mp_citystreets gametype war map mp_overgrown gametype war map mp_countdown gametype dom map mp_strike"

Yes Speed did update the rotation  right after Christmas, It wasn't a big change but he did it  :thanks . and if he used the rotation that I sent him the repetition of maps is my bad :sorry . I was going from memory of the maps that seem the most popular, above I have a proposed rotation with the maps requested included but retaining some of the more popular maps for balance.

Edited by EmtHipple

• 2 weeks later...

2. Bloc - TDM or Dom

4. Overgrown - Dom

5. Countdown - HQ or TDM

6. Broadcast - TDM

8. District - Dom

9. Chinatown - TDM

It's a nice start, and as kings stated, it needs balance from objective to TDM.

I propose something like this -modified Dddrgn rotation.

1. Bog - Sabotage*

2. Bloc - TDM

3. Creek - Sabotage

4. Overgrown - Dom**

5. Countdown - TDM

6. Shipment - Search and Destroy 

7. Vacant - TDM

8. District - Dom

9. Chinatown - TDM

10. Pipeline - TDM, Sabotage*, or Dom. (map too big for S&D, I think)

*Never played Sabotage on Bog or Pipeline, not sure how they would work out. I think it's worth a shot though.

**This is a must. Even if we don't use anything like this rotation; this map has been out of the rotation for too long and it's an awesome map!

• Like 1