ET running horrid and crashing when connecting to FA HARDCORE

dj3hac

ultralow fps with ati cards and r_primitives not set to 2 is a known problem with recent drivers, maybe it's that

yes i did try that. No luck

ultralow fps with ati cards and r_primitives not set to 2 is a known problem with recent drivers, maybe it's that

I did try it, with no luck. Sorry I forgot to report back after doing so.

Have you tried to disable crossfire while playing ET?

Or possibly set up ET to only use 1 video card?

Do you have the latest drivers from Radeon for your specific dual card setup? (Not using generic web/windows video drivers)

Yes my drivers are current (From AMD not manufacturer), and the results are the same with crossfire disabled. 

• 2 years later...

Hi from like 3 years later ET Legacy 2.75 is running great on an (almost) whole new rig.

MSI Z97-GD65 GAMING 
Intel i7 4790k @ 4.5GHz 
DeepCool Captain 240 liquid CPU cooler 
32Gb G.Skill RipjawZ 1600MHz DDR3 
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970  SLI
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970  SLI
RaidMax 1200w fully modular PSU 
Razer Deathadder 2013 @ Razer Vespula pad 
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Mechanical keyboard 
Razer Tiamat 7.1 Headset 
Asus VG248QE 24" LED 144Hz@1ms 1080p monitor 
Asus VG248QE 24" LED 144Hz@1ms 1080p monitor 
Nvidia 3D Vision 2 
VaporDaddy Deluxe

Grace 16" black/white glass bong named "Panzerfaust"

• Like 1

I don't know if ET is build like that, but it could include all objects given when looking in any specific direction; and your view is simply obstructed by objects. I know this for a game called Neverwinter, where objects would load distally towards the character. If this is the case your PC (despite its epic specs, omfg...) seems to handle the amount of objects poorly; watching towards moving objects requires more than still objects, so players will limit your fps more easily. /cl_maxpackets 100?

It's usually a compatibility issue with ET. I remember trying to run an old game called Red Alert II when I first got windows 7. You'd expect it to be trippy fast, but the contrary was true :(

Have you tried the regular ET client instead of Legacy? Sometimes a solution may be simpler to find by attempting the solutions at hand. The treatment is the diagnostic tool!