Ex-Military

Pepsi

very lucky you cata lol that must be a nice place to be posted :P i was posted in Manitoba as well as Australia for a couple months :) it was pretty cool

Ya know, a lot of people say it should be awesome and what not and don't think of me as complaining, it's great. But it IS a tourist state essentially. Everything is hella expensive, and I'm hella broke all the time. The island people literally hate all Marines, because we f***, eat, sleep and "ruin" their island, my car got keyed recently just for  having a marine corps base sticker on it (lots of cars have had it happen recently, they are targeting ones with base stickers). And it's an island a thousand miles off the coast, with nowhere to really go. Its great, its beautiful every day, rains every now and then. But meh, as a Marine, I don't know that I like it all that much, I've only been here for 6 months, 3 more years to go. 

The marines have a bad name in Hawaii because the marines were sent in by I think president Cleveland to take it over. That's why they treat you all like sh*t. Trust me son I have been in places that no human being would ever want to go to.

• Like 2

I am currently a Major, getting looked at for Lieutenant Colonel in January...should know by June if I got selected or if I am putting in for retirement....I am also in Hawaii Cal, lol!  My brother is a Staff Sergeant in the Marines in Japan.  Oh, I am also a former Marine...made it to Corporal and was a victim of the last military cutbacks.  

• Like 3

Very nice JD did you just join to go through for officer training right away then? because my one buddy is so he can become a pilot he's out in Edmonton at the moment, I still have contact with all my platoon members who are all over the place now and it's pretty sweet hearing stories from them it makes me miss it a shit ton but ya i'm glad I'm here to help raise my son and be a devoted dad to him

I went through the ROTC program in my Junior year of college.  My prior enlisted time allowed me to skip attending the first two year courses.  Anyway, it was all based on how well I did in college as to whether I got my choice of skill or not.  Graduated college with a 3.8 GPA which locked me in to my choice.  I had no desire to come back to the military, but I am glad I made the choice, been loving it ever since.  Yeah there were some tough times, but an old Master Sergeant told me when I was 17, if you don't enjoy it, get out.  Don't think you are going to do 20 years from the start, just have fun and the next thing you know you will be at retirement.  Wisest man I have ever known, cause here I am.