Jay 1 - Crashes

daredevil

• Administrators

Can someone please put more info rather then just jay1 crashing?

Would like to know:

Time when it crashed: EST 

Map crashed:

Players:

Omni: If yes how many?

Thanks

Time when it crashed: well around 4:00 (gmt+1) so should be 22:00 (New york time)

Map crashed: After oasis, Supply loaded then server restarted.

Players: around 30

Omni: If yes how many? All of them were in spec (around 5-6)

Time when it crashed: well around 4:00 (gmt+1) so should be 22:00 (New york time)

Map crashed: After oasis, Supply loaded then server restarted.

Players: around 30

Omni: If yes how many? All of them were in spec (a

why are the bots in spec  thought that was a no no

Just want to doublecheck before I do this, I am fine to move 5 bots to spec on jay2, and make a 6 vs 5?

The last thing i heard/read is move bots when teams are over 8v8.

• Like 1

• Leader

I don't know, i joined the server and they were already in spec ...

What can happen is that after an admin puts bots to spec and the teams are legal, some humans may quit and that makes the teams too small. On Jay1, the bots put to spec may disappear from spectator and the admins cannot move them to fill teams back up.  This only happens at slow times on jay1 and jay3. At other times, some willful bots rejoin teams when you don't want them to!

Just want to doublecheck before I do this, I am fine to move 5 bots to spec on jay2, and make a 6 vs 5?

The bots on jay2 will rejoin the teams to make them at least 7 x 7 or so.  Some regulars have learned to use this to either fix teams or to stack them.  If they go to spec from a team, a bot will take their place and they can then join the other team.  Less experienced players may join the team they like when they connect and "over human" that team.

The last thing i heard/read is move bots when teams are over 8v8.

I have heard/read that 7 x 7 teams of humans and bots is the absolute minimum.  I have started keeping the teams larger by leaving more bots on to combat that "humans leaving during map" problem mentioned above.  Admins can't always stay until the end of the map (or even stay connected :) ).

• Administrators

Jay 1 crashed @ 11:30 pm est

was start of fuel dump when it crashed

Players: not sure possibly 40+

Perfect info. Got one crash log. Need more exact timings.

Now whenever it crashes and you join server again just say in main chat "daredevil crash date fix it"

For date put the crash date. So if it crashed on 12-19 say... 

"daredevil crash 12-19-2013 fix it" and say it 3-4 times. 

Then I will need to check 300 log lines before it .. and i guess we can catch the issue together. I can't do it alone. 

• Like 3

• Leader

was start of fuel dump when it crashed

The two crashes I reported on Tracker and now this one were all when a new map had just begun.  I am not sure that the two I witnessed had finished intermission yet or not, but they did not crash immediately on starting the new maps.

I wonder if condumps after the crashes would help.  I'm using logfile = 1 these days.  I will have to see if the logfile captures lines during and after a disconnect whether forced or not.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Time when it crashed: 5:01pm EST 

Map crashed: Venice

Players: approx 25-30

Omni: If yes how many? None

daredevil crash 12-19-2013 fix it 3x in console

Did it crashed during map loading up? or it crashed during mid map? Appx time when it crashed during the map?

• Leader

The map loaded, and then crashed almost immediately. kicked everyone and loaded next map.

Loaded the next map or the first map in the maplist, oasis?  (This may change)

You can always do !uptime to see if it really crashed or had the situation where a number of players "overflow", including you.  I had one situation where me and a very few others did not suddenly get ping 14 and then overflow.  The players who reconnected to a low-population server assumed all had been kicked by a crash though the same map was still running.

DareDevil might be interested in the multi-overflows, I don't know.