FPS Lag

SjMX

Hello some of you may know me as WMI|SjMX. on servers. Well I have a issue with FPS not being stable with a decent computer and I have no idea why I can't even get a stable FPS of 90 (drops often to 30 or even lower sometimes)

So what I need to know is there anyone that has any clue what could be causing the problem.

System Specs

Processor: AMD Phenom 9650 Quad-Core Processor 2.30GHz

Memory(RAM): 4.00 GB

GFX Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT 1028MB

Hard Drive: 150 GB

OS: Vista 32bit Ultimate Service pack 1 (c.r.a.c.k.e.d)

Monitor: Hanns-G HW191D (19inch)

I think I have updated most the drivers.. my cfg on ET is pretty much default. So anyone who has had a problem like mine and fixed it or someone that knows more than me about computers (which ain't hard) could help me out.

Thanks in advanced SjMX

Yer I have my maxfps set at 75 so its more stable but with my pc I should be getting better, I would assume as my old laptop did just as good which had far worse specs than this desktop lol.

I can make a better cfg I've just been a bit pissed off getting fps drops etc when i brought this comp to stop that I'm sure there's a way because i ask other people which have similar specs and they manage to get 125 stable and some of my m8s have 6 year old desktops and have just as good fps :(

My fps tends to drop only in the more open areas of maps and with more players. I have considered changing the OS but i don't really want to just in case its something stupid and there is a possibility i have something set wrong in ET or on this computer.

my etconfig is pretty much

1280x1024 reso set at fastest with a few other things such as maxpackets, fov 110, atomosphericeffects 0, particles0 and a couple of other minor things.

I hope someone knows somthing lol :(:hmm:thanks

Edited by SjMX

I hope someone knows somthing lol :(:hmm:thanks

Hey, i got the same problem, since last saturday, my fps ranging from 90 to 20-22, and stay there...im testing wich may be the problem; cos a performance loss so great it could have many things.

At the same time i start the game, start the program Everest to monitor the temperature of all cpu, by the time the temperatures are normal, so i have to keep trying.

Yesterday also i tried a program called Intelburn Test, is a stress test; the cpu is set to run on 100%, and any component fails, there is may be the problem. But even with this program, i got no errors, everything works ok.

Like i said, i have to keep trying, still i dont know whats the problem, so, i hope we can fix it soon.

Cya ;)

Hey, i got the same problem, since last saturday, my fps ranging from 90 to 20-22, and stay there...im testing wich may be the problem; cos a performance loss so great it could have many things.

At the same time i start the game, start the program Everest to monitor the temperature of all cpu, by the time the temperatures are normal, so i have to keep trying.

Yesterday also i tried a program called Intelburn Test, is a stress test; the cpu is set to run on 100%, and any component fails, there is may be the problem. But even with this program, i got no errors, everything works ok.

Like i said, i have to keep trying, still i dont know whats the problem, so, i hope we can fix it soon.

Cya ;)

I tried temps etc also temps run fine and also no errors I can find :mad I have decent cooling and it's so annoying when it comes to computers I have no patience and no skill with them i just like to shoot things on them :rolleyes:

Let me know if you find anything that helps you out nani :)

your video is not rlly related with vista or pb when i play at 200 or higher fps it say connection interrupted cos server cant give info .

what i think is that for a 19 inch monitor 1024- 768 are moore than you need and will boost your fps . and if you wanne compare your computer to simmular ones

goto http://www.futuremark.com/benchmarks/3dmark06/introduction/ and dl the free benchmark 3d 06 so you can see if your system is doing compared to simmular systems.

your video is not rlly related with vista or pb when i play at 200 or higher fps it say connection interrupted cos server cant give info .

what i think is that for a 19 inch monitor 1024- 768 are moore than you need and will boost your fps . and if you wanne compare your computer to simmular ones

goto http://www.futuremark.com/benchmarks/3dmark06/introduction/ and dl the free benchmark 3d 06 so you can see if your system is doing compared to simmular systems.

I tired that but I don't understand half the stuff maybe I need to do it when i have at least slept for more than 3 hours in a night lol My score wasn't great but I read peoples comments on random sites and they all think differently about test results. I also just tried the lower reso which does help a bit but I don't like it but gonna stick with it. :( lol

I suppose I'll never find out I always find everything out myself but this arrrgggg :mad

Thanks

Edited by SjMX

if you play F|A servers from 6b patch, you can get mad fps... i tried it out one day, i got up to 400 fps before being kicked by pb lol.

There's another problem lol....

I used to play 2.6b and 2.55 with 2 separate installs on XP then when I had this comp I put a shit cracked version on of vista and it gets confused with 2 separate installs of ET (with different names of course) but the server lists and installs either conflict or get messed up with each other which is annoying so i just stick to 2.55. Also patch selector won't work for me on this computer lol. I doubt 2.6b would help my fps much tho and I have another server on 2.55 which only runs on 2.55. No idea how to make it run on both.

I just really wish I never started getting into computers lol

If you don't mind the graphics lookin bad, you can put this in your cfg. Also try setting ET to only run on the first core, or the first two cores of your cpu.

Just download the attachment and put it in your etmain folder, ingame drop down the console using ~, and type /exec low.cfg

Low.cfg

If you don't mind the graphics lookin bad, you can put this in your cfg. Also try setting ET to only run on the first core, or the first two cores of your cpu.

Just download the attachment and put it in your etmain folder, ingame drop down the console using ~, and type /exec low.cfg

I tried setting ET to only run on 1 or 2 cores and it tells me access denied lol

Is there another way to set priority or affinity other than in task manager while the game runs ?

Edited by SjMX

Instead of having a cracked vista version get a cracked windows 7, much better. Maybe wont help but at least you system will run faster.

Moderation

Respect our rules http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/2786-forum-rules/

6. No posting of torrent links, crack software links or any kind of illegal links. We don't allow any kind of illegal activities on our forums.
Edited by -=Medic=-
Respect rules