Answer me! #6

Reallity

This post is part of the brand spanking new game: answer me!

Every week I will post debatable question, the one with the best answer wins and will be put on the honor list!

Rules:

1. No offtopic chatter

2. (NEW!) You are allowed to have a critical remark on others posts to get the debate going.

Answer the question below and make sure to explain why you have chosen that particular viewpoint.

Ãf you think you have the next best question for this thread please pm me!

Roll of honor (now with links thnx redbaird):

Melgibson Question 1 Question 5 
WeetBix Kid Question 2
Gorilla Question 3
Docwarren Question 4

Question #6 (SPECIAL GUEST QUESTION BY JOKU):

At the age of 25 you are offered a deal, you can either live the rest of your life as it turns out or you can get 8 million euros right now, in which case you will die at the age of 55. Would you take the deal? And why?

Goodluck!

no, i would not. at the ago of 25 i would probably still consider myself 'young and stupid' and i would have chosen the money being in the situation.

money will allow you to have fun, untill it runs out. but money also brings in the factor that you have to store it somewhere so noone else can take it.

if you build up a family for example, it will not be stolen (if you treat everything right it wont) and you will get loads of fun times and plesure, which i'd rather have then bought friends and items.

and random occasions can be bad or good, but either way will grant you a new life experience you can tell others about, to do it or to avoid it depending on what happened.

Where's the point in living if you don't have the struggles and accomplishments as a normal person because you were given security till age 55? I don't fear dying, but fear living a life that isn't true and is pampered and lined with luxury. Plus I have no idea what 8 millions euros is in USD.

• Like 3

Where's the point in living if you don't have the struggles and accomplishments as a normal person because you were given security till age 55? I don't fear dying, but fear living a life that isn't true and is pampered and lined with luxury. Plus I have no idea what 8 millions euros is in USD.

:agree

No I wouldn't take the deal :P 

Life is substantial and money comes and goes. I would rather be strapped for cash and happy, than rich with a deathdate stuck on my head.

Afterall when you leave money is just money.

No I wouldn't take the deal. 8 mln euros is relatively few for living "the good life" for 30 years. You'll end up getting used to having a lot of cash and when you run out of money you will be an unhappy man waiting to die.
Let me have the struggles as that can possible make you a man with balls and something to live for and you'll be remembered if you leave the traces of life where you get your shit together.

No I wouldn't take the deal. 8 mln euros is relatively few for living "the good life" for 30 years. You'll end up getting used to having a lot of cash and when you run out of money you will be an unhappy man waiting to die.

Let me have the struggles as that can possible make you a man with balls and something to live for and you'll be remembered if you leave the traces of life where you get your shit together.

Whats the limit? At what number would you say yes :D

Yes. I would take the money.

Live for the now I say. You might get hit by a bus tomorrow. My wife didn't even make it to 40 yrs old, and whats to say Im going to make it too 55.

8 mil might not sound a lot for 30 years, but you could easily turn that into 80 mil and live a happy carefree life.

• Like 2

Yes. I would take the money.

Live for the now I say. You might get hit by a bus tomorrow. My wife didn't even make it to 40 yrs old, and whats to say Im going to make it too 55.

8 mil might not sound a lot for 30 years, but you could easily turn that into 80 mil and live a happy carefree life.

If I could multiply this money without getting addicted to gambling and retrieve this in a fair way, I wouldn't bother giving 1 year to achieve this.

I completely agree on your point about we can all be killed by a bus tomorrow.

Whats the limit? At what number would you say yes :D

I guess at one million a year I guess I would say yes, so 30 mln.

Are you gonna give the eight million to me anyways?

If I could multiply this money without getting addicted to gambling and retrieve this in a fair way, I wouldn't bother giving 1 year to achieve this.

I completely agree on your point about we can all be killed by a bus tomorrow.

I guess at one million a year I guess I would say yes, so 30 mln.

Are you gonna give the eight million to me anyways?

yes

I do not accept this agreement. for me life has no price, in my country the average life expectancy is around the 80, is 25 more years a person lives. I'd rather live my life as I have now which is already good, than to live it so until age 55. To me life is sacred and not all have the privilege of living.

i don't like this answer me  i have no clue how much  8 million euros is in us but i am sure even if it close to 8 million in us it would not last very long even living a normal live  in the us