History of Wolfenstein 1981 - 2014

RedBaird

• Leader

Discovered after viewing Limp/SMOK's FA post:Wolfenstein the new order gameplay 13 minutes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1ScWJ-rjMs&feature=player_detailpage

I don't recall early game audio as being as bad as shown in the first 2D games.  My first experience was with Wolfenstein 3D.

• Like 5

• Leader

Wasn´t aware of Wolf 2D and RPG versions. Started also with 3D.

RPG baffled me with the back-stepped graphics, didn't catch that it was a cell-game in the vid:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfenstein_RPG

Wolfenstein RPG is a mobile phone and iOS game from 2008 and 2009 developed by id Software. The two versions are nearly the same, but the IOS version has better graphics and one extra level involving driving a car. The game was preceded by Doom RPG in 2005 and succeeded by Doom II RPG in 2009 and 2010. All three games combine first-person shooter and role-playing video game elements.

OIC, rpg = Role Playing Game.

• Leader

I saw it was sold in gamfly 2 days ago? A little confused...

The FA Download file is shareware:  "Shareware Episode - BBS & Online Edition"  (game 1992, pre-Internet for most of us.  BBS = dialup Bulletin Board systems, mostly by volunteers).  Fearless Assassins abides by all software distribution rules.

The GameFly version is on sale for $2.49, which must be full version.

They have RTCW for $4.99 today thru the weekend...and a number of other games for 1/2 price and less, including versions of Doom and Quake.  Black Friday Weekend sales.

I am not sure what their sales regions are or if they are different from their rental regions.

Thanks for the link beard, interesting stuff. I remember 3D coming out on DOS! ahhhh those secret areas behind the pictures. Was the start of somthing special for sure. :)

i also remember being frightened in the crypts of rtcw also...thats where i started. it seems like the best of wolfenstein has already come and went. this new world order set for 2014 does not look promising for me :(

• Like 1