What are your thoughts on the state of the Affordable Care Act?

NoGooD

You will all see, someday, you will all see the truth behind Obama, and the democratic party that is leading you down a path to destruction.

That's all I have to say on this subject.

Don't hold your breath.

• Administrators

You will all see, someday, you will all see the truth behind Obama, and the democratic party that is leading you down a path to destruction.

Yes yes beat on the dead horse once more, do you want his birth certificate as well? His college records? Obama is not the best president but he is far from the worst. The problem here is when there should be some type of bipartisanship between the parties to work on some very important issues, republicans are throwing the wrench and trying to sabotage everything he or his government proposes. We all know who the little bratty kid is, or should I call them a party of NO. Don't even let me get started on the Tea Party.

In The Netherlands we have a simular form of healthcare as the Obamacare.

After all these years we never came close to a path to destruction, poor rich all get good healthcare as it should be imo.

good that USA worlds most powerfull country finally have payable healthcare for all its citizens.

that's all I have to say ;)

I don't like or trust Obama, but then again I don't trust any government.

In The Netherlands we have a simular form of healthcare as the Obamacare.

After all these years we never came close to a path to destruction, poor rich all get good healthcare as it should be imo.

good that USA worlds most powerfull country finally have payable healthcare for all its citizens.

that's all I have to say ;)

I'm all for affordable health care. The problem is the they said health care would become cheaper, but it is actually getting more expensive. My sister checked through the website and she would have to pay (for her and her family) around $800 per month. Luckily she gets health care through the military.

Yes, the Netherlands has affordable health care (they do it well here), but that comes from high taxes (and taxes on taxes). Like 50% tax on gas (rediculous).

It is hard comparing the two countries, since the Dutch like big gov't and I think most ppl in the USA like a small gov't. Plus you have the size of the countries in sq km and in population. Not every country can and should be run exactly the same..

my god, just think i used to kill dumbasses for a living working for this country.

I won't buy health insurance or anything else the Govt. tells me I need.

and when the Govt. takes all of our shit because 3/4 of americans can't afford it, I'll live in a cardbox and hack some rich fockers internet and still play ET. lol

Communism in our Govt, has been here since the 60's wake the f*** up.

and its taking over.

good thing I have a Bi-citizenship about ready to tell US to kiss my ass.

For a bunch of nerds, you guys absolutely have know clue.

Just saying and I'm on my meds lol

wtf did I just type? Thank the mexicans for our weed!

Here some info that you all probably didnt know that in this over 2000 page act.   Heres some things that have nothing to do with health care but extra taxes.

Here a couple sample they are getting in!!!

1)  You make over 200K a year you get extra taxed for selling your house or any house 3.8%

http://health.burgess.house.gov/uploadedfiles/one_page_on_unearned_medicare_tax.pdf

2)   You own a tanning business.  You get 10% taxed extra for having this business due to health increase!

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/06/10/tanning-tax-here-to-stay-thanks-to-the-affordable-care-act

Ya all know!

We could of not bailed out the rich!  Given all taxpayers $1,000 per month for 2 years and free medical.

That would of jump start the econmy. Cleaned the bad and we would be in this area problem.

Forget what you hear on the news for a moment. Forget opinions. Look at the facts. Can you provide health care coverage to all Americans without new money. The fact is its not possible. You would have implement a new tax on the country in order to pay for the care. WE all know nothings free in this world. The president also sated and this is a fact that everyone could keep there own policy if they wanted to. The fact is that was a lie. 10% or more already lost there coverage. If they wanted to enroll for new coverage through obamacare they couldnt because the website is crap. So where does that leave average working joes like us....No health care coverage ...Or a higher tax rate to pay for coverage that may be less than what we have now. This bill could have been thought out much much better. If people would be willing to admit mistakes and work together we could get a good health care bill done. Unfortunately our congress is a bunch of old whiners that cant comprimise. There are people on both sides of congress that screw it up for all. Always look at the numbers and facts. Media lies Washington lies polotics mostly lies. Keep in mind your government has a different health care plan and they are exempt from obamacare.....That to me says it all.

• Like 1

We have universal health care here in Australia and I don't mind paying higher taxes for it (our country is one of the highest paying in the world) my son had to have brain surgery 8 times in his first year of life. Thank God I didn't have to pay a cent for it (then and there) not have any bills from it all. If I had to pay it would have been thousanday of dollars, and I don't have that kind of money lying around.

i think it is a good idea but flawed in its execution. every citizen of this country should have healthcare, much like europe and the rest of the world.

however the way it is setup here it will increase everyones waiting time to get appointments because now there are millions more covered while the number of doctors are the same. most doctors will not want to take these new insurance plans because their reimbursement will probably be at medicaid levels which are a painful joke. so there will likely be a lot more ER visits since people have to wait too long for appointments. at least the ER visit will likely be covered with the new insurance so that you don't get a bill for thousands of dollars!

Hi weetbix 1 thing about Australia though compared to the United States are your wages are much higher. So it compinsates for the tax somewhat. Here the economy is average so in some cases it hurts families.

• Administrators

Hi weetbix 1 thing about Australia though compared to the United States are your wages are much higher. So it compinsates for the tax somewhat. Here the economy is average so in some cases it hurts families.

Not true.  A bit of fiscal responsibility and a crackdown on big insurance lobby and you would be good to go.

I wish it compensate however it really does not. Minimum wage here is approx $10 (less if like me you worked fast food) almost half of that goes to state and federal taxes. We even habe taxes on our water. We also habe to have private insurance and if not you are tazed at the end of the financial year..

And I would still rather pay all that and know I can walk into the er for myself or with my kids and know we will be taken care of.

Our wages are higher because everything Australian made is ridiculously expensive. Though it seems everything is made in China. Go figure.