New Beginners Rotation

Daliger

Beginners Server Map Rotation  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which 3 maps would you definitely want to see on the Beginners server?

Okay Sexy Santa let me get this correct so I am not spouting sh!t in the server, oops too late....

We are changing map rotations regularly, correct?

Whenever someone asks if we change the maps I tell them they change once a month.  When I did this the other day the person said its been longer than a month.  I don't mind the time frame as it could be quarterly, but I just want to make sure I'm giving the correct info when asked.  Also I see where you indicated that the random map selector is not being used.  Who has the great job of selecting the next rotation?  I guess you.  That's fine too - I guess.  :sorry

My idea that I spouted out on TS way back when we had the town hall meetings was to develop several (4-8) rotations and keep them in a bank so that after one rotation is played for a couple of months and people start complaining we just swap it out with a new rotation that is already developed.  Take the one pulled from the server and deposit it back in the bank for later use in a year or so.  That way we don't have to listen for a month of people complaining about the rotation being old.  Develop six rotations and switch them out every two months.  Of course if you find one of the rotations is crap just scrap it completely and replace it with another.

Just my thought on it.

Actually Dare came up with the map rotation and I helped tweak it so it was more server friendly. From now on the map rotations will go back to being pick by leader and founders, though we are always up for input from members and players. As for right now there is not set limit on map rotation, we might change it back to changing it once every 3 months. Though I love the random map rotation device of awesomeness, it deals out some bad rotations and actually caused more damage to our server population. Like I have mentioned before our goal is to get people onto our servers and populate it, this means more people to recruit, more people to play with, more people to have fun with. The more popular the maps the more people its willing to attract. That being said we usually leave out some of the good maps so we can rotate them in when the map rotation we have gets old, this way we can change them out eventually instead of putting all our cards in to the hat at once.

The rotations we have is exactly 2 months and 4 days old. Rotation was put into place Oct 2nd.  Since putting the rotation in our server population has gone from in the low 60s to be ranked in the high 20s (right now its sitting at mid 30s).

Like I have stated before we will change the map rotation for the holidays but we are only human, most of us are busy right now. For instance I have been up for around 50 hours, working, studying, parenting and trolling forums. I think I got to play under an hour of cod this whole week. :( Plus its the holidays heh, but I promise the rotation will be fixed within the next couple week to include some new maps.

I hope this answers all questions............

• Like 1

Actually Dare came up with the map rotation and I helped tweak it so it was more server friendly. From now on the map rotations will go back to being pick by leader and founders, though we are always up for input from members and players. As for right now there is not set limit on map rotation, we might change it back to changing it once every 3 months. Though I love the random map rotation device of awesomeness, it deals out some bad rotations and actually caused more damage to our server population. Like I have mentioned before our goal is to get people onto our servers and populate it, this means more people to recruit, more people to play with, more people to have fun with. The more popular the maps the more people its willing to attract. That being said we usually leave out some of the good maps so we can rotate them in when the map rotation we have gets old, this way we can change them out eventually instead of putting all our cards in to the hat at once.

The rotations we have is exactly 2 months and 4 days old. Rotation was put into place Oct 2nd.  Since putting the rotation in our server population has gone from in the low 60s to be ranked in the high 20s (right now its sitting at mid 30s).

Like I have stated before we will change the map rotation for the holidays but we are only human, most of us are busy right now. For instance I have been up for around 50 hours, working, studying, parenting and trolling forums. I think I got to play under an hour of cod this whole week. :( Plus its the holidays heh, but I promise the rotation will be fixed within the next couple week to include some new maps.

I hope this answers all questions............

That's groovy. Thanks for the clarification, man. Get some rest of somethin' while you're at it.

Edited by SiD the Vicious

Thanks Speed, as Sid said, get the rest you need. 

Now I can tell people that ask about the maps what the plans are and quarterly to me, IMO, sounds just about right too.

Anyways thanks for everything - hope to see you in game soon.

map rotation updated. first person to b*** to me about it gets a HOHOHOH present from santa.

removed: crash, showdown

added, 2 wintercrashes (in the xmas spirit) and overgrown

yeh thats why i have been mia from xfire for a month :P

Well... you've got little things to bother you now. No need for me :cry

I'm b*tching about the new rotation. No me gusta. Ya nee nravits. I do not like! 

And just as a question. Why do the leaders and founders have to decide the rotations? Why not have a group or members dedicated to rotations and then give the new rotation to the a leader or founder to load? Planning takes the most time, so why not doll it out to others. We have regulars that play the games religiously and would probably have good insight, plus threads like these that they troll they could manage. Just a thought.