Playing Wolfenstein on Ubuntu and Windows 8 dual boot

HELLFIRE

Hey guys i was wondering if i could play Wolfenstein on ubuntu 13.10 and windows 8 and have same admin level, xp, ranks etc?  I like to use ubuntu because it is faster but use windows for school and C# programming.

• Clan Friend

Never mind, Wolfenstein wouldn't install on ubuntu :/

it's 64 bit?

if yes, you need 32bit libraries, I don't remember the package name and I don't use Ubuntu, but there are plenty of tutorials

this is not Ubuntu but it should be similar:

http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/243-how-to-install-et-on-a-64-bit-ubuntumint-distro/

Edited by SunLight

Uh yeah i already found that post and it didnt work so im just not going to fight with it lol.  but thx for the help

It's not all that difficult if you have a few hours to spare and it's wellllllllllll worth it in the end.  Plays like it's a hole new game :)

installing the 32bit libs.  I know my way around the termenal pretty well so that wasnt the prob :/

Also after i tried a different 32bit lib the termanal couldnt find the et.linux.x86.run file even though i put in the correct file path.

• Clan Friend

I am not sure if I actually understood what went wrong, but just to give a couple of ideas (which might or might not be useful for you)

- as far as I know you can also extract files manually from the .run file

- another thing you could do, but it's an extreme solution, is installing et from a 32bit linux live cd, then go to your normal linux and just install the missing 32bit libraries

after all, all is about extracting a bunch of files to /usr/local/games/Enemy Territory (or whatever was the folder name, I am not on Linux atm) and then installing some 32bit libs you need (and ofc you need 32bit support for your gfx card drivers too)

I don't know much about Ubuntu, but if was easy for me on Arch Linux (which is supposed to be not-so-much user friendly) I'm sure you will figure it out.

good luck

I am not sure if I actually understood what went wrong, but just to give a couple of ideas (which might or might not be useful for you)

- as far as I know you can also extract files manually from the .run file

- another thing you could do, but it's an extreme solution, is installing et from a 32bit linux live cd, then go to your normal linux and just install the missing 32bit libraries

after all, all is about extracting a bunch of files to /usr/local/games/Enemy Territory (or whatever was the folder name, I am not on Linux atm) and then installing some 32bit libs you need (and ofc you need 32bit support for your gfx card drivers too)

I don't know much about Ubuntu, but if was easy for me on Arch Linux (which is supposed to be not-so-much user friendly) I'm sure you will figure it out.

good luck

I would have just installed 32bit ubuntu in the first place but my pc is too new to run 32 os's :(

Also thx for the help but its not THAT big of a deal :)