Server not showing up in master list?

hojo

Hey all,

I just setup a new ETPro server on GameServers.com and I've got it almost setup how I want it.  However, it's not showing up when I look at what servers are available in the game browser.  What am I missing? :(

Note: I can connect to the server just fine via IP address, and it's running ET2.6b

Thanks,

hojo

Add this to the server cfg and it should show okay.

set sv_master1 "etmaster.idsoftware.com"
set sv_master2 "master.gamespy.com:27900"
set sv_master3 "master0.gamespy.com"
set sv_master4 "clanservers.net"
set sv_master5 "master3.idsoftware.com"
set sv_master6 "wolfmaster.idsoftware.com"
set sv_master7 "master0.etmaster.net"

Add this to the server cfg and it should show okay.

set sv_master1 "etmaster.idsoftware.com"

set sv_master2 "master.gamespy.com:27900"

set sv_master3 "master0.gamespy.com"

set sv_master4 "clanservers.net"

set sv_master5 "master3.idsoftware.com"

set sv_master6 "wolfmaster.idsoftware.com"

set sv_master7 "master0.etmaster.net"

So I tried that and some people found the server after I did that.  However, I still can't find the server myself.  It's titled "ETPro " but it's not popping up when I look for it.  The server IP is  which I can easily connect to manually.  I also have +set dedicated 2 in the command line.  I'm out of ideas...

Edited by yoyo

hello

see your having issues hope someone can help.

on that note your post contains your clan server ip witch we can not have as it will be considered advertising

please  refrain from adding that info in the future.

good luck with your problem 

your topic has been edited by a leader

So I tried that and some people found the server after I did that.  However, I still can't find the server myself.  It's titled "ETPro " but it's not popping up when I look for it.  The server IP is  which I can easily connect to manually.  I also have +set dedicated 2 in the command line.  I'm out of ideas...

Do empty servers show up in your ET server list?

Do empty servers show up in your ET server list?

i think they do depend what you have your search filters set to show. example: show all empty   or only show full

Yeah I checked and made sure no filters were checked...I still think it's a firewall issue from my server host, that's my hunch....I have a ticket open with them.

So I guess the in game browser just sucks and requires at least 1 person to be on the server for it to show up!  If I park a spectator on my server then I can almost immediately see it show up when I refresh the master server list.  Triple checked I have no filters on, and even when I force it to only show empty servers, I get nothing if my server is empty.  Is this just a limitation of the in-game browser?  Guess I'll have to go with SiLent mod and get some bots setup.  I downloaded the mod but haven't found the readme on omnibot configuraton.  Anybody know where I can find that or have a config I can try for it?

Thanks!

// Omni-bots
set omnibot_enable 1
set omnibot_path ""
set g_bot_maxXP -1
set g_bot_minPlayers -1
set omnibot_flags 0

you'll need to make an omni-bot.cfg there is a text file to help with that in the user folder of the omnibots called omni-bot.text

For help with silent mod you can ask here http://mygamingtalk.com/forums/forum/9-silent-mod-enemy-territory/ there's a wiki site with quite a lot of stuff on as well

• Like 1