Vsays only seem to work on Jay 3

darkfang77
Go to solution Solved by PiNoY,

• Clan Friend

Had the same problem today. When visiting jay 3 a new pack was downloaded. After this, on every server, except jay 3, my voicechats didn't work. So I closed et. Deleted the pk3 file that was installed by the jay3 server (zz_jaymod-0.3.pk3). After this, problem was solved and I can use all my voicechats again.

Maybe there is a problem in this pk3?

Just closing ET, and reopening it when changing server would have solved it. Probably some setting from that server was carried over, and you wrongly thought there was something wrong with your ET.

I don't do much serverhopping, I just connect to one and that's it, so I never noticed this problem up to now.

No easy/quick fix found yet. I just reinstalled ET, dropped in my etkey and silent folder, and it works fine again.

Don't reinstall ET every single little problem, I never reinstalled it in 7 years 99.9999% of the problems can be always solved without reinstalling, if you know how.

It works fine again because it's just a coincidence, not because you reinstalled it.

I assume connection to jaymod changes a file in etmain, Since the only thing I saved from that folder were map pk3s and my etkey.

There isn't just 'files', there are settings or cvars which are not saved in your config, but they are just temporary until you close ET. If it was a file, then closing and reopening ET wouldn't fix it.
  • Like 2