What would you do if money were no object?

Scream

Scream, on 01 Nov 2013 - 6:03 PM, said:

Aircracfts of Airbus are more automated and technically safer than others while Boeings recquire more pilot's involvment, and a350 looks pretty awesome :P

As for the millitary, MiG-29 is pretty neat and I also like F35. Polish pilots flying mig-29

As for the Flight Simulator, I would need a joystick for it as it's quite uncmofortable, I also play infinite flight, it's an app for android phones but it's one of the best I've found some far.

Right, that is one of the reasons why they are crappy planes ;).

The F-35 is pretty amazing aircraft, hopefully the Netherlands will be getting them.

The joystick is very worth while though, FSX is a great game. Plus you can play online and some servers they are pretty strict. You have to do everything a regular pilot would do.

Become a missionary and help out people in need.

Best calling in my opinion.

Thats awesome dude. I'm planning on doing that later on, my parents were also missionaries for 29 years. Where would you go?

If i could do anything without having to worry about money, would be to fly helicopters.

My dream is to fly a Boeing AH-64 Apache "Longbow"

Helicopters are awesome and the apache (aka. tank killer) is a great helicopter. The chinook is also amazing and faster than an apache.

Edited by ajnl

Well... if money has been not  been issue... I look for family first and see at I have time for my pleasure (hobbys). Then see other things. All open :)

Masa_1964

If money was no object... Hm. To start, I would make things simple, buy a house and car straight up, no debt, then head for college. I want to study computer science, something in that general area, not entirely sure, but that could lead to some really good, enjoyable jobs with Microsoft, Google, or other tech giants. After that, donating. If it was no object, there would be no way for me to need all of it, and I would put at least half of my money into charities.

Open a gaming center for inner city youth.

Too much shit going on these days. Way to easy to get into trouble and/or hooked on drugs. Been there, done that. I would love to just open up shop with some consoles/PCs and have a place kids can go hang out after school. Maybe organize tournaments and have refreshments to boot.

The city I live in could use something like this.

Well, if I didnt have to consider money... I would get a lot of light & sound equipment, find some people with the same passion, and try to organize a lot of concerts and cultural happenings. I'd try to promote the unknown locals groups, and invite groups from abroad. In two words: share music =D

• Like 1

Well first, I'd help out F|A... make sure that we make the yearly donation gets filled so there can be more servers. :D

And then, I'd probably invest in attempting to revolutionize the world, via technology, community, culture, etc. I'm sick and tired of what I see now with constant bickering, wars, economy troubles, bad leaders, and the poor treatment of citizens in certain countries (and that includes the U.S. there.). Do things for the benefit of others, and you yourself will end up being the most happy. <-- totally made that quote up on the spot. Not too shabby, I think. :D

Bluntly said money does not bring happiness, but it gives you tools to go for it - as Scream did point out in his original post. It helps out that you don't need to worry about everyday things, such as rent, bills, what can you do with your freetime etc. As studies point out those that live in poverty, in Finland that line is less than ~1080e per month (I know that sounds a lot), consume most of their day worrying if something breaks down, if they have to see a doctor etc. So forth, it gnaws on their mind limiting their potential, making them less effective (their own life and society), in a simplified way they are walking zombies that just try to survive from one day to another. In other words, worrying consumes all of their time, leaving none for else. Of course one can say that it is due to the weakness in mind, but one also has to remember that if you have to live through that reality through your whole childhood many develop a pattern from it that effects their whole life. For example, that they are unable to see the long benefit in long term career planning, and they get stuck in the poverty spiral. Fortunately there are some state measures that are made to counter those effects, some countries have more of those than others, but even in the Nordic countries there are way too few.

As for "what is my dream", it is not having to scream for the rest of my life. I realized about 10 years ago that I would not be able to work in job that I do not like for the rest of my life, no matter what the pay is. So forth, I've made determined work in order to achieve it, from not so easy starting conditions (although this is relative). Now I have graduated, and I just need to make the last effort in order to achieve it, getting work experience that enables me to get in those work places that I have dreamed of. Those are, for instance, the Ministry of Defence. But the sad reality is that since I don't have "connections", I need to get a lot of same kind of work experience elsewhere in order to get there. As for those that have connections, even though they have worse numbers, references etc, can get there right away. Here is where you can once again see the references to the start of my post and you conclude even further cause-reason relations. I guess the bigger question is, who gives up at this point, and who can get to the finishing line.

• Like 2

I would still do anything to help other people 

my thinking is that money some day wont be a object any given day soon 

I would like to live somewhere in nature, teach knowledge or do anything I enjoy doing without worrying about how much etc 

I like topics like these because I would like to see it happen lol 

If money was no object then I would love to sail around the world, living off the sea and the occasional cup of tea :)

I've always had this dream that If I somehow get a large amount of money I would donate the half of it and the other half would be for the college funds for my future kids. 

But yeah if the money was no object, I'd travel around the world with Forsaken. And maybe marry him :o have kids and just live in a place we feel safe and happy. :) A happy family!

• 2 weeks later...

Career of choice. A recording artist that tours the world performing at all the classic venues playing my own tunes. If money was not an issue I'd still do that. And build a medievil castle as a home and studio. Probably start a fund for a good cause.