Phobia

After even a limited time on a server, we can quickly tell when someone is a noob or new (that's a bad thing). I would like to address one way a new player can shorten his or her time acting in this manner.

It is learning the in and outs of the map being played. If we, as a new player, do not make the effort to do this, we may mistake map knowledge with cheating (in some form, whether it be taking advantage of a glitch, hacking, or use a cheat code). Worse yet we may loudly reveal our own ignorance, both of rule eight and of the map, by accusing a player in main chat of cheating.

When we are starting out, or returning after many years of inactivity it is easy to convince ourselves that others, those better than us, are so only because they are using an unfair advantage. It is easy we can imagine a young player, new, not to good, sensitive, perhaps with a fragile ego, they are getting "owned" or "pawned" they have two options. One) admit this to themselves and that they need to work hard to do better OR two) make a fantasy in which everyone playing, even those with many years more experience, have the same skill level as them, and are winning only because they are cheating. I myself have also succumb to that tendency, and when starting out PM'ed an admin to see if someone was cheating, however as I have increased in ability, I realize there are many (sadly many many) players that will frag me 9+ out of 10 times. Why? Because of their skill.

To not make that mistake, I reiterate, we must learn each map. Like a soldier going into battle, we must know the terrain, so as to use it most effectively, and thus leave the battle in a vertical position.

On JAY1 there are at least two maps in current rotation that have secret areas. Below are a few YouTube links that show how to utilize these.

MLB Temple

www.youtube.com/watch?v=--d-29PsAtE

BBA CTF

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAQMW_9w35w

What however if you already know about these, and perhaps many others?

Please share easy to follow screen shots, demos, etc...

Questions, comments, verbal abuse?

• Like 2

You can be in the room during the game, yet I've never seen what happens if you're in one of those rooms as the game ends. It will be interesting to fine out...

rofl

So you're saying when the game ends you can be in the room with the screen or the Hitler robot?

dont think thats possible

only gas, dynamites etc you can see. plant dyna 10s before map ends then u see it blows in end screen.

• Like 1

Shame that Hitler Robot doesn't get loose and go on a rampage.

that would be great, or if the team that got to him first could activate him as a bot for their side

• Like 1

You can be in the room during the game, yet I've never seen what happens if you're in one of those rooms as the game ends. It will be interesting to fine out...

rofl

Nope I tried

• Like 1

couldn't find a good youtube vid, so please forgive poor screenshots. there are at least three secret areas in Hyrdo Dam also.

The first (from the allied base) has ammo

1ala.jpg

1alb.jpg

1alc.jpg

The first (from the axis base) also has ammo

1axa.jpg

1axb.jpg

1axc.jpg

The third (second from either base) gives extra access

2alaxa.jpg

2alaxb.jpg

"You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." I'm not sure how to convert from screenshot to allowed extension so instead of have the screenshots in-line they will just be attached. sry

post-12038-0-25898100-1383343850_thumb.jpg

post-12038-0-97852800-1383343850_thumb.jpg

post-12038-0-29781300-1383343853_thumb.jpg

post-12038-0-60951700-1383343854_thumb.jpg

post-12038-0-82499600-1383343856_thumb.jpg

post-12038-0-14520300-1383343858_thumb.jpg

post-12038-0-39469600-1383343860_thumb.jpg

post-12038-0-53952000-1383343863_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

a neat area in the map flameguards; entrance is approx C9

would directly post but when i tried this msg came up "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

post-12038-0-57914500-1384981991_thumb.jpg

post-12038-0-11846000-1384981995_thumb.jpg

post-12038-0-54376700-1384981999_thumb.jpg