When do you bother?

Reallity

I just replied to a topic and before i hit post i noticed that my english was shit and that my sentences dindt sound that smooth. Now ofcourse i am capable of posting a proper message but i just couldnt be bothered to take the extra efford.

Also when i cook for my gf and me or when friend/ familliy are coming over i take alot of time to prepare the perfect meal. However when i eat alone i spend like 5mins on cooking.

When can't you be bothered to live up to your full capacity?

I just replied to a topic and before i hit post i noticed that my english was shit and that my sentences dindt sound that smooth. Now ofcourse i am capable of posting a proper message but i just couldnt be bothered to take the extra efford.

Also when i cook for my gf and me or when friend/ familliy are coming over i take alot of time to prepare the perfect meal. However when i eat alone i spend like 5mins on cooking.

When can't you be bothered to live up to your full capacity?

I think that the main reason most people do their best, is because they care about other peoples opinions. So when you make food for other people, you want them to think you're a good cook. Or if you're doing a project for school, you want the teacher and other students to think you're smart and work hard, so you work hard in the group.

For me, it depends on the situation. If my work has a direct effect on someone or if other people will see it, I will generally work as hard as I can on it. If my work is only for myself, then it depends on how motivated I am. Like organizing my desk in my room, i'm not very motivated to do that, so I don't put 100% effort into it lol.

Edited by ajnl
  • Like 1

I don't really need to, if I'm posting, so long as I get my point across in a concise manner, I'm happy. When I'm eating, cereal will do because my stomach feels full afterwards, that's what's really important. Other than that, it's just the fact that I'm lazy, I could care less if I do my best, unless it's something like work, I want to keep my job.

i try to do my best for only myself image...i dont care to much on how the world sees me..at one time i didnt look at myself..but then a good friend told me ..never mind that...point is the better i do the better i feel about being me..

I think that the main reason most people do their best, is because they care about other peoples opinions. So when you make food for other people, you want them to think you're a good cook. Or if you're doing a project for school, you want the teacher and other students to think you're smart and work hard, so you work hard in the group.

For me, it depends on the situation. If my work has a direct effect on someone or if other people will see it, I will generally work as hard as I can on it. If my work is only for myself, then it depends on how motivated I am. Like organizing my desk in my room, i'm not very motivated to do that, so I don't put 100% effort into it lol.

This is true to some extend!

I think the main reason why i don't take too long cooking when i'm on my own because it takes up precious gaming time Xd

This is true to some extend!

I think the main reason why i don't take too long cooking when i'm on my own because it takes up precious gaming time Xd

I think that is where priorities kick in. Look at your day, week, and month. See where you spend most of your time, money, and effort. Those are your priorities :P.