Repeated PB kicks for Service Communication Failure

Forsworn

For the last week or so when I connect to Jay1 and Jay2 servers, I am getting kicked by PB about 20-30 seconds after connecting to servers. This happens about 80% of the time I try to connect. The message I get is:

...Restriction: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe initialization failed

When I check in the console, I see this in red letters:

Error: file ui/wm_quickmessageAlt.menu, line 216: unknown precompiler directive 1

Error: file ui/wm_quickmessageAlt.menu, line 216: unknown precompiler directive 1

Below that I see this in regular letters:

Warning: music file sound/music/menu.server.wav is not 22k stereo

I don't know what the red-lettered Error means, but I tried changing my sound quality to 22k (always had it at 11k) hoping that might help. I still get kicked by PB and still get the sound/music/menu.server.wav Warning. Anyone have anything to help?

EDIT: I've tried restarting ET, restarting computer, and resetting my router. Still get these errors.

• Administrators

what os are you running? have u updated pb manualy? do you use multiple firewalls? is pb made an exception in the firewall? next time you start et before connecting to server open console and you will see pnkbstra service started, couple of seconds later you should see pnkbstb service started. if in vista or win7 dont forget to run as administrator :)

what os are you running? have u updated pb manualy? do you use multiple firewalls? is pb made an exception in the firewall? next time you start et before connecting to server open console and you will see pnkbstra service started, couple of seconds later you should see pnkbstb service started. if in vista or win7 dont forget to run as administrator :)

Windows XP, Service Pack 3. Patched to 2.6B a while ago before I had these problems. I always manually update PB before I get on ET. Firewalls...just what my computer has originally and PB has ran fine up to now to my knowledge. Opening console before connecting to server shows me this:

PnkBstrA successfully loaded PnkBstrB

PnkBstrB service installed and started successfully

I'm pretty sure those always load correctly. I don't check the console too often before getting on server, but I do remember seeing those messages a lot.

• Administrators

Your kicks are because of pb services.

Just run this on your PC.

http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe

That should fix your issue.

Well I did what both Valkyrie and daredevil said. Not sure if one or both helped but I've stopped getting kicked the last few times I've tried connecting so thanks a lot guys! Sure was annoying as hell getting kicked all the time.

:thanks :thanks

Now back to sharpen my knife skills...muahahahaha!!! :P

Well I did what both Valkyrie and daredevil said. Not sure if one or both helped but I've stopped getting kicked the last few times I've tried connecting so thanks a lot guys! Sure was annoying as hell getting kicked all the time.

:thanks :thanks

Now back to sharpen my knife skills...muahahahaha!!! :P

nice to see u fixed it, now try to avoid me ingame :DD