Playing ET on a campus computer

b0rR*4cHo

Isn't a USB a flash drive or have I been using the wrong term the whole time.

I saw a guy playing COD4 in one of the group study rooms and I thought about asking him about how he did it but then I didn't want to bother him because he seemed really involved.

Flash drive is pretty much only USB. I don't know of any other types (Like Firewire for example)

The Zipped file from our download section is 3.9MB. You'll need a USB flash drive rated 5MB+, Or a flash drive with about 4MB of available space, A computer with an open USB port as well as an unzip utility, and obviously an internet connection.

I had my new computer, and was playing et with a dvd or cd for a week, it worked great. I had to copy the et game onto it anyway for the new computer.

• Leader

Isn't a USB a flash drive or have I been using the wrong term the whole time.

The devices(s) have had different names over the years.  I believe that "flash" refers to the memory-type in this type of external device and "USB" is the communication hard- and soft-ware.  USB, Flash, stick, key and drive have all been combined in various combinations.  Some even called it a "dongle" for a while, confusing its function with a device that that looked similar.

(I stand corrected, some still use the term "USB dongle" and I found "Bluetooth wireless dongle", along with 'dongles for Playstations'.)

Flash is quicker to say than NAND EEPROM and sounds flashier, to boot!  That is something to dongle about!

File:Wordcraft dongles.jpg

Wordcraft_dongles.jpg