Involuntarily taking time off

Xernicus

Hi everyone!

As some of you know, I'm going under the knife here in about... 7 hours. Unfortunately, what's going under the knife is my shoulder, or more specifically, my rotator cuff. The operation is called an "Open Bankart Procedure" and it will leave me unable to move my right shoulder and arm for around 3-5 weeks. This means 3-5 weeks of no ET. The pain killers the doctors are prescribing me are quite strong as well, Oxy and Morphine; which will probably mean that I'll be inactive on the forums for about a week or so.

I hope to see you all soon, and I'll miss you all. Please PM me or contact me on XFire if you want to chat-- I'll try my best to get back to you as soon as I can! Oh, and if you like to text, send me your number if you'd like. I can text onehanded much easier than typing onehanded :P

Frag ya soon!

Your friend,
Xern :)

P.S. Any suggestions for movies to watch on Netflix? :D

• Like 1

I hope you have a speedy recovery and can join us soon, I leave the link in a very good series, "the Pacific", from the same producers of "Band of Brothers", maybe you saw this series, I'll leave is to you the link of many series, original lenguage translated into Spanish (my native language) maybe learn some Spanish, why not?

http://www.seriales.us/serie/the-pacific.html

http://www.seriales.us/

Regards.-

^Sato.

• Like 3

• Leader

... Please PM me or contact me on XFire if you want to chat-- I'll try my best to get back to you as soon as I can! Oh, and if you like to text, send me your number if you'd like. I can text onehanded much easier than typing onehanded :P

Ah, too bad!  But...also good for it to be repaired!

Here are some mutated computer keyboards that might help you communicate with us:

Twiddler2.1 09.jpg

Frogpad04.jpg

Old-School: Cre8txt cre8txt1-tm.jpg

Put this one on your slinged-arm. When done communicating, just unplug the cable from your computer and stuff the cable inside your sling. When you are done with pain-killers, wear this with your slung-arm to the local pub. Tell them that your bionic arm is healing from the installation operation and the keypad is to adjust its programming details. You might get free beer!

WristPC Keyboard glove2.jpg

• Like 2

Oh there ya go, RedBaird... I LOVE your idea there! :D
Just a quick update here- the procedure went well, but not smoothly; there was much more work that needed to be than what the MRI showed! The two main issues were the tissue that healed, healed wrong, and they had to cut it and suture it to get it back in it's proper position. The second problem is... well like the story to sell to the bar tenders to get a free beer (and a fifth of whiskey, I hope :P); I now have implants. I have an artificial head of my humerus, as well as an extended "capsule" for the socket. Not quite bionic, but I'm going to need to re-learn how to move my arm.

So anyways, thanks for the kind thoughts, and of course the humor. I most certainly needed it. :) I'll update again here either tomorrow or on Wednesday with.... PICTURES! (if you'd like to see them, they'll be on a different server, and I'll just post links). For those who play on Jay3, I might be on from time to time spectating, and I'm always willing to chat. :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Have you gotten better? It's been around 3-5 weeks.

:)

*hopeful face*

That's right, it's about about 3 1/2 weeks now... So far the recovery has gone well; right now I can move my arm out 90 degrees, up 130 degrees, back 45 degrees, and I can lift a whole 10 pounds. xD I still get aches and pains if I move it around too much, or depending on the weather- but hopefully that will go away soon.

Thanks for checking up on me Frated! :) Big batch of cookies headed your way in thanks ;)

• Like 3