Which next gen console are you planning to get?

Corey

So... we are 2 months away from the new consoles coming out. I haven't owned a playstation since the very first one that came out and have owned multiple nintendo/microsoft consoles since then. Besides paying for xbox live service for the xbox 360 I have nothing to complain about from microsoft. From what I heard, the xbox live service is better than the free internet service playstation gets (can anyone verify this from previous experience? )

I am kinda leaning towards the ps4... some of my friends are getting it and I love that I do not have to pay for the online experience.

What is everyone else planning to get? Also, leave a reason as to why you are getting that system :)

Thanks!

PS4 :)

Lower prices , slightly better performances , more traditionnal gaming-oriented ( gtfo kinect ) , better features , etc

Btw , online won't be free anymore , you will need a playstation plus subscription

Btw , online won't be free anymore , you will need a playstation plus subscription

ahhh u serious? :(

This makes me sad

If I get a console it will be the xbox one. I like the kinect, I like linking it with my computers (not sure if the PS4 can do that), and I like the games.

If I get a console it will be the xbox one. I like the kinect, I like linking it with my computers (not sure if the PS4 can do that), and I like the games.

^^^This! For all of the same reasons. Xbox one is by far the better console for gaming with the new release, as the new Kinect is mind blowing, and the console has better specs. Combined with the games, the fact you can connect your Skype to video chat, You can setup a "party" of friends online and play together remotely, control your TV and TV guide with voice commands, etc... plus sync online to your music stored in SkyDrive and Xbox music... it's truly a no brainer.

I pre-ordered mine back in June, and also 3 games including BF and COD

PS4 :)

Lower prices , slightly better performances , more traditionnal gaming-oriented ( gtfo kinect ) , better features , etc

Yup. Same here. Pre-ordered a PS4 a couple of months back as Sony seem to be pretty clued up on what people really want with a console rather than the confusion that surrounded the xbox one when MS unveiled it.  

But, having said that I will be picking up an xbox one at some point in the future as I really want to play Titanfall and Halo 5- Halo 4 is one of the best console FPS's I've yet played so looking forward to seeing where they take number 5...

• Like 1

Yup. Same here. Pre-ordered a PS4 a couple of months back as Sony seem to be pretty clued up on what people really want with a console rather than the confusion that surrounded the xbox one when MS unveiled it.  

But, having said that I will be picking up an xbox one at some point in the future as I really want to play Titanfall and Halo 5- Halo 4 is one of the best console FPS's I've yet played so looking forward to seeing where they take number 5...

Eh, they really have dragged halo out too far, and they need to work on another game entirely, It's getting old and repetitive.

Eh, they really have dragged halo out too far, and they need to work on another game entirely, It's getting old and repetitive.

Ah, but I lost interest in Halo after playing Halo 2 and then didn't bother to play any of the other games after that, so it was actually pretty refreshing to get back into the series. Plus I wanted to see what 343 Industries could do with the franchise, especially under Ken Scott's art direction (been a fan of his artwork since the early Quake days)  :)   

I was a fan of halo on the xbox 360, but really stopped playing a lot after halo 3. The kinect is a good tool if you like motion based games and/or have groups of people to come play, but its just not for me.

Seen some of the trailers for the new bungie game Destiny... thing looks awesomeeeee. It is for both consoles so that's not a deciding factor.

I waited too long to make a decision on what system I wanted and am paying for it. Pre-orders sold out everywhere for the PS4. Holding out hope one one store near me getting some pre order cards for the PS4!

So is the general consensus of opinion that the PS4 is better than the X Box? Or does Kinect tip the balance in favour of the Xbox? :feedback

Looking to buy one of them for my two children for Christmas ( at least that's my story anyway...of course I won't be using it at all :lol )

So is the general consensus of opinion that the PS4 is better than the X Box? Or does Kinect tip the balance in favour of the Xbox? :feedback

Looking to buy one of them for my two children for Christmas ( at least that's my story anyway...of course I won't be using it at all :lol )

Well I believe the consensus is that the PS4 is more of a "pure gaming console". It won't rely on motion gaming or other kinects features to sell itself.

Personally I think your kids would enjoy the xbox one more and using the kinect over the PS4.

Edited by Corey
  • Like 1