What desktop to buy?

The teacher

Hello everyone!!

It is The Teacher here after a long long time without posting!

And now I need your help guys, I have decided to buy a desktop for gaming (and ET is the only game I play) and I have no idea of computers to be honest.

So I was wondering could you guys tell me what desktop should I buy? What kind of video card should I get with it? And what kind of monitor?

Essentially I am going to put this desktop in my study and use it only for gaming and downloading.

I would really appreciate any ideas and please remember I live in England! Though I order on Amazon all the time.

In case you play, and will play, only ET on that build you can go with a cheap solution. Office stuff and ET dont eat much resources.

Building your own is always better. Any other requirements?

You definitely want to build one, and you don't need an expensive one for only ET. First, you need to decide on a motherboard - it will be compatible with either AMD or Intel processors, each has it's own pros and cons, so try to do some research on mid-ranged motherboards.

I'm not sure of your budget but based on your usage something like this.

YOUR BASKET
Total : £619.92 (includes shipping : £11.75).

I've left out monitor and operating system and I'm not sure what size you would be after. If you want a slightly cheaper option then the following would be fine for your needs as well.

YOUR BASKET
Total : £505.93 (includes shipping : £11.75).

Both builds are 8gb ram, and 1TB storage, the first build I've included an SSD as they make a big difference to boot times, game load times, and system "snappiness" The second offers a cheaper alternative while being able to play most modern games at reasonable settings @ 1920x1080. If you don't wish to build yourself OCUK do some very highly quality prebuilt systems as well.