What are your favourite weapons and why (pros and cons)

COD4 weapons  

58 members have voted

1. 1. favourite COD4 weapons

In case anyone was curious, the cod4 ak74u isn't a real gun. It's loosely based off of the real-life aks74u. The main differences are the curvature of the clip, the lack of a wooden grip, and the type of stock. It's worth noting that the cod4 ak74u actually more resembles the Serbian zastava m92 carbine; the cod4 ak74u has the clip and stock of the zastava m92. However, the cod4 ak74u doesn't have a wooden grip, and to the best of my knowledge no kalishnikov carbine shares that design. If I had to guess I'd say the programmers intentionally left off the wooden grip to make the ak74u visually distinct from its larger ak47 brother.

I think it based on the mini draco or as we knew it the mini AK, plenty of versions around the place. Crap weapon. Anyway, favorite weapons. P90, great fast rate, good for CQB, not to good for longer range stuff. MP5, also great for CQB, better at the long range stuff, but low magazine capacity. Dragonuv, just a classic piece of weaponry, highly accurate, even with a semi auto. not got a lot of bad for it. M4 great all rounder, accurate, great with red dot. All pistols except for desert eagle, mainly because of the silencer when needed, and finally the knife, getting the hang of it now (not quite at vyder standard), nothing better than sticking it to the enemy :-)

• 4 weeks later...

I think it based on the mini draco or as we knew it the mini AK, plenty of versions around the place. Crap weapon. Anyway, favorite weapons. P90, great fast rate, good for CQB, not to good for longer range stuff. MP5, also great for CQB, better at the long range stuff, but low magazine capacity. Dragonuv, just a classic piece of weaponry, highly accurate, even with a semi auto. not got a lot of bad for it. M4 great all rounder, accurate, great with red dot. All pistols except for desert eagle, mainly because of the silencer when needed, and finally the knife, getting the hang of it now (not quite at vyder standard), nothing better than sticking it to the enemy :-)

Both the mini draco and the mini ak are based on their larger variants. The mini AK (I've also heard it called the AK pistol) still has the recognizable barrel and so does the mini draco depending on the model. The COD4 ak74u more closely resembles the aks74u because of the recognizable muzzle, but it lacks the wooden barrel grip that you see on the aks74u and its close variants (the zastava m92 and whatever the chinese call their variant). I think the programmers behind COD were just trying to go for a short barrel ak with no relation to the aks-74u. I'm not going to do any exact measurements, but when comparing pictures of an ak74u (COD fake gun) and the real life kalishnokov, it looked like the ak74u was a few inches shorter in length than the real life gun it was based on.

I need to find something better to do with my time...

edit: some pictures for reference:

aks-74u: 

Javelin_AK74U_EB_4e9ccd39c7181.jpg

cod4 AK74u

:ak74u.png

ak pistol/ mini AK:

akars15.jpg

As far as I can tell, the closest real life weapon to the cod4 ak74u is the zastava m92, which is basically an aks74u with the folding stock of the cod4 ak74u.

Edited by melgibson