What are your favourite weapons and why (pros and cons)

COD4 weapons  

58 members have voted

1. 1. favourite COD4 weapons

AK-47: Silencer, Tuber, or just Straight normal. AK-47 rocks! Iron Sights are awesome and best overall in the AR section. Burst fire to snipe, and spamfire for close encounters.

G3: Silencer or Tube. Iron Sights on this gun allow greatly for either attachment. This can be paired greatly with Overkill Perk utilizing the G3 and M14 as they share ammo.

MP5: Range and Accuracy all the time. Silenced and deadly. I use this weapon when not wanting to just run around and spray like the P90.

Uzi: I prefer the Uzi or the P90. Yes strange. The uzi is insane for run and spray. You run, pop and spray and this gun with even silencer can mow down opponents FAST. Why I like it. DAMAGE.

M60: Uhm, it's an m60! It kills enemies thru walls in 1-2 hits on hardcore. Insane! Always, always, ALWAYS spam WALLS with LMG when approaching enemy area. This helps you as well as your team push foward.

Shotguns: Hugest advantage over all other guns is that the crosshairs on this weapon do not increase in size when you are moving at all. This gun is over the top for any type of close encounter. You can jump, and hip fire thru tons of enemies. The Insane amount of damage on even normal mode kills in one shot. Remember to Juggernaut this one.

Snipers: I like the Dragunov, I suck at sniping. The End. :-)

I'd have to say, either between the MP5, M16a4, or M4. MP5 is great for close quarters combat, decent at medium range. The M16a4 is good for a medium-long range assault rifle, or marksmen rifle, when the Acog is attached. And, the M4 is fairly good in CQ, close quarters, and medium range. But, for my play style, which is sneaking to a flank and getting the enemy at their side, I like to get close. So, for this, I'd have to say the MP5 attached with either a red dot, or suppressor.

• 3 weeks later...

This is just my opinion, but the best guns are russian.

The AK47 has great power, albeit at the expense of accuracy and rate of fire. The dragunov has the same characteristics (more kick than its m21 counterpart). the RPD is a nice middle ground between the underpowered m249 and the absurdly overpowered m60e4. The vz 61 skorpion has virtually no recoil, and you once you slap a suppressor on it, you're virtually unstoppable. The AKS-74U is the best of the bunch, though. Once you learn to cope with the krinkov's power, you can exploit it's ability to punch like an assault rifle with the mobility of an smg. The other huge advantage of the kalishnikov family is that it has terrific iron sights. Being able to stick a suppressor or nade launcher on without worrying about whether or not you'll be able to see what you're shooting at is a huge advantage.

• Like 1

AK 47 here. I just dig the gun itself. Nice long range fire, easy to control the kick, and nice for on the move. Most times I slap a gl on the end for extra oomph. Though I hate it for close range battles. Too much wait time between dropping out of running and into firing when forced to fight close range.

For close range I dig the ak74 or the mp5. P90 when I get frustrated. Ha.

In case anyone was curious, the cod4 ak74u isn't a real gun. It's loosely based off of the real-life aks74u. The main differences are the curvature of the clip, the lack of a wooden grip, and the type of stock. It's worth noting that the cod4 ak74u actually more resembles the Serbian zastava m92 carbine; the cod4 ak74u has the clip and stock of the zastava m92. However, the cod4 ak74u doesn't have a wooden grip, and to the best of my knowledge no kalishnikov carbine shares that design. If I had to guess I'd say the programmers intentionally left off the wooden grip to make the ak74u visually distinct from its larger ak47 brother.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

got to go barret .50 cal, ak-47, and p90.  the barret shoots through any surface for an easy kill (if youre accurate enough), ak is just a boss, it's accurate and has great power, and the p90 mainly because of mobility and its fire rate

~Ace

Favorite is G3 with Tube. Tube in itself is not a weapon choice of course... but those who play with me know I always run tubes and I wouldn't have it any other way... They are fun and cause havoc, what more can we ask for?

• 1 month later...

My fav weapon is the MP5...why you say maneuverability. I like to zip all over. with the mp5 it allows me to do this. NOW lot some people will say its hard to handle..YES this is true it has a recoil from hell but once you understand the gun its a gem. It falls into the weapon category range. But I have capped people at quite a distance.so My vote is MP5

Oh I thought why I couldn't comment never mind now. 

I chose the AK because it has recoil and that allows you to get a feel for the gun and the damage it does is good.

Ak-74u because it is the best SMG by far

I completely agree. Slap a silencer on it and with the write perks you have the perfect run & gun class. Good for strafing and hipfire. Downside is aiming down sight.

• 1 month later...

P90, So fun to use, and it is a room cleaner. 

M21 is a very good sniper in Abner due to the fact that snipers usually one shot kill, and the M21 is semi automatic and very little recoil. 

• 2 weeks later...

My favourite weapon is probably the G36C.

Pros:

1. You can take the weapon out very fast.

2. High accuracy

3. Reliable firing rate

Cons:

1. Pretty damn loud without a silencer

2. RPM to low for front on combat

3. Mediocre damage

That's it pretty much