Linux+PBGUID AUTH: UNKN

w0nder

I am running Ubu 9.04 and I have everything on ET working, sound, weapon bank, downloads, etc.. However I get immediate kicks for PBGUID AUTH: UNKN

Sometimes it lets me stay on and I have no issues, runs like a champ, but most the time I just get kicked.

I read somewhere that if you go into etmain/profiles you can delete servercache.dat and it will solve the issue.. Well I do not have a profiles folder.. Its the damdest thing.

Anyone got a helpful link? Solution? Chicken Sandwhich?

Thanks

screenshot2w.png

Here is my ET folder where my profiles folder SHOULD be.. Hmmm

screenshot3h.png

I am running Ubu 9.04 and I have everything on ET working, sound, weapon bank, downloads, etc.. However I get immediate kicks for PBGUID AUTH: UNKN

Sometimes it lets me stay on and I have no issues, runs like a champ, but most the time I just get kicked.

I read somewhere that if you go into etmain/profiles you can delete servercache.dat and it will solve the issue.. Well I do not have a profiles folder.. Its the damdest thing.

Anyone got a helpful link? Solution? Chicken Sandwhich?

Thanks

screenshot2w.png

Here is my ET folder where my profiles folder SHOULD be.. Hmmm

screenshot3h.png

I'm pretty sure pb runs from a forder called .etwolf/pb inside your install directory. The .etwolf is a hidden directory . i can see in your Images that you do have this .etwolf directory /home/rolfcopter/.etwolf/ in there will be where pb runs from also there is a etmain where your profiles will be and all log files go there as well. And all your mod save files cfgs will go there as well check it out for yourself .. make sure you update pb to that folder /home/rolfcopter/.etwolf/pb/

To get to it open up a consol and type commmands to get to it as in cd /home/rolfcopter/.etwolf

if you need a hand with command i'm here to help

I do not run desktops on any of my linux server machines or at home... takes to much resources. I only run command prompt / terminal

RE"I do not run desktops on any of my linux server machines or at home... takes to much resources. I only run command prompt / terminal"RE

I could never run out of resources with this machine. It has 10x too much as it is. So I got into it, and yes you were right, I deleted the servercahe.dat but still same shitty error. Googlin my ass off now trying to resolve this.

you will need to update PB manually in the .etwolf directory this is the reason pb can't auth you, the pb server can't find your files. Or it could be that pb can't view the files so this is where you need to set permissions on your directorys all them.. to alow pb to read your stuff

look when the game starts up and see if it says this in the game consol

^3PunkBuster Server: 0 Aliases Written to /home/rolfcopter/.etwolf/pb/pbalias.dat

^3PunkBuster Server: 0 Stat Records Written to /home/rolfcopter/.etwolf/pb/pbstat.dat

let me know

look when the game starts up and see if it says this in the game consol

^3PunkBuster Server: 0 Aliases Written to /home/rolfcopter/.etwolf/pb/pbalias.dat

^3PunkBuster Server: 0 Stat Records Written to /home/rolfcopter/.etwolf/pb/pbstat.dat

let me know

PB has permissions.. I will try to see if I see that in a second.. However I did get it working. I have to start ET, then open console /exec w0nder.cfg, then hit alt enter twice then start the server and it works perfectly... Kind of freaking odd if you ask me..

lol

EDIT: Nope did not see those in my terminal or console anywhere

great..

Well it worked that one time.. Now it doesnt work.. I think my GUID is changing everytime.. I am about to copy and check for sure.. But I could have sworn it ended in a 1 and now its a 2..