Mac Users…How to communicate using Adium/Xblaze for xfire:

Cicione

Mac does not support xfire, however, there is a way to communicate with fellow F|A members by using Adium & xblaze software for Mac.  Here is how to do it:

Hint…you will also be creating a username in adium.  I think you need to set up both xfire and adium with the same user name, i did it that way to make it easier to remember user names.  My username for both xfire and adium is iamcicione

YOU WILL NOT DOWNLOAD XFIRE, ONLY SET UP A USER ACCOUNT

• Download adium for mac - http://download.cnet.com/Adium/3000-2150_4-10281562.html
  • Download xblaze for mac - http://download.cnet.com/XBlaze/3000-2150_4-193660.html
  • You must install adium 1st, then you can install xblaze as it is a modification to the adium software allowing access to xfire.
  • The problem that I ran into when setting up adium was the auto prompt screens will ask you to select a messenger service.  Until xblaze is installed, you won’t have xfire shown as an option. 
  • Once both are installed you can set up or edit an Adium account via “preferencesâ€.   Select xfire as the messenger service.  You can now communicate with F|A members online by opening adium on your pc.
In order to use adium during game play, your COD must not be running in full screen mode.  To change your COD from full screen mode, press Cmd  D during the start-up of your COD game.  It may take you a couple of times to time it right to get the popup screen for display change.  It is all about the timing of pressing Cmd (command) and “D†buttons simultaneously upon start-up. 

You can change the screen size in your game options to best fit your preference.  Now, you can toggle between both adium & COD in game, without having to exit COD game to communicate. 

Edited by Fearless Staff
  • Like 3

Cici, anything about assisting 10.7 and up users who purchased the app store version of COD4 and are having difficulty finding their recorded demos because they default to an invisible file?

Lulu and I managed to figure it out some time ago and have forgotten how we (he) did it...??

• 4 weeks later...

hey Deadauntbob,

The demos are in Library/application support/cod4/main/demos

If u cant see ur library folder, in finder, on top tabs click on Go, then press alt and ull see the library.

to watch em is a whole other story, u need to have a mod folder with  a modernwarfare folder inside, demo folder inside that and put ur demos there. Then launch game, modwarfare mod, and then u can /demo demo_name and watch it

• 4 months later...

Hi I downloaded and installed the way you said but for some reason I cannot see all my friends on my friends list. For some reason I just see one guy thats playing a game. ??

Blackfire ive tried to download but just immediately crashes on my imac osx 10.9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Works like a charm, just have to go out of game to use it. No biggie.

Play in windowed mode and change resolution to fit your screen to full screen size, then you can just tab back and forth.

Once you are used to this, it's much more convenient. Xfire on Windows drives me crazy all the time..

Exacrie! Now if I could just find out where my demo videos go on OSX Mavericks. I'm convinced the gremlin steals one of my socks has them  :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Exacrie! Now if I could just find out where my demo videos go on OSX Mavericks. I'm convinced the gremlin steals one of my socks has them  :mad:

I don't have Mavericks so I don't know if it changed but this could help: http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/255-mac-os-x-cod4-demo-management/

• Like 1

I don't have Mavericks so I don't know if it changed but this could help: http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/255-mac-os-x-cod4-demo-management/

This is great stuff but unfortunately it doesn't apply to COD4 purchased as an app in Mavericks. Apparently I'm SOL