Which gun do you prefer?

Xernicus

Hey ET players!

I've been spectating a lot more lately, and I have started to find a few trends about the weapons people use. And I've started to get curious about which weapon you like and/or use the most and why that is.

Maybe you like the plain ol' thompson, or perhaps you're stealthy with a sten? Or maybe you have those days when you're just panzernoobin'. (xD)

The weapon I use the most is the MP40, regardless of the team I'm on. I use my thompson as a secondary though. Something about the rate of fire of the thompson doesn't suit me well though, so I try to get to an ammo cabinet before I use it. :P

For close headshots, I use the dual akimbo's and those tend to serve me well due to a minimal recoil compared to a SMG or one of the sniper rifles.
As for my least favorite weapon, it'd have to be both of the sniper rifles. Even when I have my mouse turned down to 200dpi, it's still awfully hard for me to control the aim and the spread of either. Why not panzer or flamethrower? Because they're both jokes. :lame Though everybody has their personal opinion, and I try my best not to judge. I still can't resist using some vsays though when someone fires a panzer. I should probably work on that...

I Look forward to hearing your responses!

• Like 1

It's a real art to work with panzer or flamethrower. I saw some people handled it professional. So you don't have lame weapon in ET, you just have to master it. You dont like a Thompson?  It's up to you, bro... :) but player [bot]efool makes a superb shooting records on ET Hardcore with it. ;) 

(and read forum more carefully pls, this topic is allready exist - http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/38360-what-is-your-favorite-et-weapon/ )

Edited by Patrick

I know that some people can handle the panzer and flamethrower professionally, and whenever I see someone who can perfectly time shots on the panzer at choke points, or can douse a player in flames before they can even fire off a few rounds, it really amazes me. As for my distaste for the Thompson, I wouldn't say that I dislike it but rather that it doesn't have a rhythm that I can really get in tune with. I've been starting to use it more to increase my skill though.

And I know that this topic has been posted in the past, but the last reply is about a month old, and I actually meant to just have guns discussed here. Not to mention that 26 pages is err... a lot. I was busy when I was typing this up too, so I accidentally typed too much. :P Sue me if you'd like ;)

• Like 1

• Clan Friend

I prefer Thompson because of the sound alone

But after watching Xylos fragmovie years ago, engineer rifle has always been one of my favorites as well.

Making hs with rifle makes me happier than giving a hs with normal weapons... so for me the best frag is when I frag a medic using rifle and headshotting him (without using rnades of course) :P

Sadly in many servers rifles are underpowered, so I generally play medic, because I don't wanna lose too much ^^

Really depends on the day. Somethimes my acc nd headshots are way higher with mp40 then thompson and the other day its the complete opposit.. + i like singel pistols (colt preferably) :D

• Like 1

Really depends on the day. Somethimes my acc nd headshots are way higher with mp40 then thompson and the other day its the complete opposit.. + i like singel pistols (colt preferably) :D

:agree

After using the Thompson for a few days, I'm starting to notice that too for myself. For new players and bots, I seem to frag em' down more easily with the MP40, but with the more experianced players, the Thompson seems to do the trick better. I believe that the hit points for the MP40 are the same as the Thompson... can anybody verify that?

• 100 1

I like the Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR) & Steyr-Solothurn S1-100 (MP34) & Sturmgewehr 44 (StG44/MP44/) from NoQuarter mod.

They just have a look & sound that makes me feel warm and tingly when I shoot them.

Edited by a dog

:agree

After using the Thompson for a few days, I'm starting to notice that too for myself. For new players and bots, I seem to frag em' down more easily with the MP40, but with the more experianced players, the Thompson seems to do the trick better. I believe that the hit points for the MP40 are the same as the Thompson... can anybody verify that?

They are exactly the same (hitpoints/spread) except for the sound and look. I like the Thompson sound better :)

I'm really found off mp40's fire rate and sound as well.

I love one gun gameplay as well as I feel it is more accurate than two guns.Having two guns,people don't aim for head but focus on shooting as fast as possible.

I suck at panzer,which is unfortunately used too much by new players.I admire players acting as pro slayers with that weapon.

People should learn from the famous spanish pro player Winghaven,who is a master(see on youtube).