The Origin Great Game Guarantee

DJ aka GDR DJ

Introducing The Origin Great Game Guarantee

We know that feeling: the one where you sit down, wait for a new game to finish downloading and installing, start it for the first time, and want it to rock. The intro sucks you in, you press a button to shoot, jump, or talk for the first time, and then it's suddenly three a.m. We know that feeling, and the one afterwards of knowing that not only does a game rock, but that it was worth every dollar you spent on it.

We hope every game you play on Origin will meet this high bar, and we're happy to say that starting today, we can guarantee that we'll make things right if you decide the game you just bought didn’t live up to your expectations.

The new Origin Great Game Guarantee works like this: You may return EA full game downloads (PC or Mac) purchased on Origin for a full refund--within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from when you purchased it, or within the first seven days after the game's release date if you pre-ordered it (whichever of these conditions happens first).

If something doesn't work out—you aren’t riveted by the storyline, or sucked in by the action, or even just if the game doesn't play well with your video card—we’ve got your back.

For more details, you can check out the full Origin Great Game Guarantee policy details posted on Origin.com. The Origin Great Game Guarantee is effective as of today in 20 countries. Like the improved Origin Store, we are rolling out the program worldwide over the next few weeks, and everyone will be covered by the Origin Great Game Guarantee by the end of September.

source

That's cool. I don't touch anything EA related myself but maybe this will inspire other digital distributors to follow along. Been a few games that have got me like that but after the first couple of $60 bucks wasted you start to really examine and investigate your next purchases. This'll definitely make it a lot easier to take the plunge on those titles you've not decided on yet.

• Like 1

Barely any game has demos nowadays, I think this serves as it. You can buy a game and if the hyped up game doesn´t meet your expectations you can give it back. Even 24h isnt needed, first 15 min actually shows if you like to play it or not. But good addition.