Jaymod- No GUID

Antichrist

HC was full so I figured I'd stop by and play on Jaymod.. well I had no level, called Kami to come set me, and I have no GUID.

ETKey is in etmain folder.

I did /pb_cl_enable 1

/pb_system 1

/pb_writecfg

/reconnect

And nothing.

Then did /pb_cl_enable 1

/pb_system 1

/pb_writecfg 1

/reconnect

And still no GUID. Silentmod shows GUID no problem.

Also ran ET as administrator.. and no luck either.

Any ideas how to fix this so I can have levels set on Jaymod?

I have had my level set on Jaymod in the past...

no prob!! I can set your lvl if you want but this guid issue is weird if showed present on silent but not on Jaymod.. Did you tried to disable it and then to re-enable PB? Or to launch the game and to click on Jaymod in the choices of mod in the menu before to do all the PB process?

edit: I'm on Jay3 and we can try to solve all this.

Edited by Ann!b@l
  • Like 1

I connected both through the F|A menu, and I also tried connection through finding F|A server in server list of ET.

I also clicked ENABLE PUNKBUSTER on server list.

I did not try to disable then re-enable though.

Yeah it's weird, I'd like to fix it somehow. I have about 1 hr game time left tonight, but will try your suggestion to disable/then enable PB tomorrow morning. Could you tell me the exact command to disable? I have /pb_cl_enable 1 and /pb_system 1 For enable.. Is it just a 0 to disable?

/pb_cl_disable

to re-enable: /pb_cl_enable (no need the "1" I just noticed) + /pb_system 1 + /pb_writecfg and /cl_guid (to check if present)

• Like 1

• Leader

bind F8 "say ^3Win7/8^2, might have to put an etkey copy in ^3C:\Users\your_PC_User_name\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\ET\etmain\pb"

My Vista64 copies the etkey file from etmain to C:\Users\your_PC_User_name\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\ET\etmain\pb

(can be seen in my blue startup lines)

With Win7 or 8, you might have to manually place a copy there, from what I have read.

• Like 1

• Clan Friend

Yes, if you have Windows 7 etkey doesn't go to etmain, Silent probably can take it from there but not the real PB.

etkey.org says User->AppData->Local->Punkbuster->ET->etmain , but I am not a Windows user so I don't know...

another way to enable pb, is adding +set cl_punkbuster 1 in your et shortcut, or adding seta cl_punkbuster 1 in your autoexec.cfg

p.s.

don't change pb_system, it's another thing, it's not related to guids in any way

from punkbuster site, quoted 128437132124987 times already :P

PB_System [0/1]

PB can conflict with other software on some systems due to vigorous memory scanning; Changing this setting may reduce or eliminate conflicts if you have problems on your system; this setting can only be changed before connecting to a server

not related to guid, leave it as it is if you don't have lags or other problems

• Like 1

Ah thank you all for the help. I have it fixed now. You guys got me looking into different folders in my ET install, and I noticed my PB folder was named "pb1"

And now I remember talking to DD, and he had me rename the folder while connected to test what happens etc.. and I forgot to name it back :(

I connected to Jaymod, disabled, enabled, system_1, writecfg, reconnect, and cl_guid /reconnect and it now works. 

And a matter of fact, I have my old level 16 there also! 

Thank you again to all!!

• Like 1