what is ur deam bike?

StgsL

DUCATI *EHEM* MULTI *EHEM* STRADA

850mm is way too high. I don't have a motor driving license yet, but I've sat on -for example- the FJR1300 which is 805mm and just slightly too high. I want to be able to get both feet stable on the ground, which basicly means that anything above 780 is not a good idea. Or I need to lower the bike..., but from 850 to 780 is not really an option :P

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Platinum VIP

Something without pedals???  I have a BMW K1200lt now.. would love to have a fully dressed Can Am.  They are very much overpriced for a skidoo with wheels but  I've driven one and like em.

Old H-D from late 30's, either Knuckle or big flathead. Price development of those bikes will most probably keep them only in my dreams for now. Maybe some day when I manage to get rid of my mortgage. Oh well..... dreams will be dreams :D 

-Merlin

• Like 1

On 12/18/2018 at 6:27 PM, thejonny119 said:

i'm happy with what i got. which is a 1936 Zundapp dbk200 

Now that's a rare thing. Does it run? Always great to see some old-fashioned vehicles.

6 minutes ago, Ftwo said:

Now that's a rare thing. Does it run? Always great to see some old-fashioned vehicles.

unfortunatly no the floater chamber of the carburetor is cracked and it happends to have a rare carburetor on it a Amal M75/403 S and the magneto is like completely used up  but got most of the mechanical parts of the bike restored so far 

• Like 1

Hi Jonny. Nice Zündap you got there. Are you sure that normal Amal monoblock floatbowl won't fit in your carb? Those should be available on ebay on quite decent prices. Maybe it could be possible to soft weld the bowl if it is only cracked. As for magneto, is it Bosch or Siemens unit? Parts should be available for those also, but if you would like to go the easy and reliable way, then I would recommend Powerdynamo unit with solid state rectifier and regulator.

-Merlin

• 1 month later...

ive built 62 pan chopper and a 56 pan chopper liked them alot but the 74 iron head chopper i had was nice..

dream bike is a lowrider hd .preferred branspankin new.lol or a badboy.hd gotta have a springer front end.

• Like 1