Need a medic!

Gorilla

Congrats!  Your whole perspective on life changes from that moment man!   NOTHING will be the same, and you'll initially be overwhelmed, but trust me...   you'll look back on the first year and wish you could do it alllllllllllllllll over again!

• Like 1

Don't Shake the baby.

Modern "cloth" Diapers are great, and a huge money saver.  I'll have to find out where the wife got hers. 

Don't let the baby sleep in your room if possible. I'm sure Mrs.Gorilla wants a baby room. Let her have it. Get a crib. PUT THE BABY TO SLEEP IN the CRIB.  On DAY ONE. Trust me. You'll be much happier.Babies make noise in their sleep, all the time, even when they are totally passed out.

When the baby needs you, you'll know. 

Don't Shake the baby.

Modern "cloth" Diapers are great, and a huge money saver.  I'll have to find out where the wife got hers. 

Don't let the baby sleep in your room if possible. I'm sure Mrs.Gorilla wants a baby room. Let her have it. Get a crib. PUT THE BABY TO SLEEP IN the CRIB.  On DAY ONE. Trust me. You'll be much happier.Babies make noise in their sleep, all the time, even when they are totally passed out.

When the baby needs you, you'll know. 

are you also looking for baby advice brother?

I'm sure lots of us on here can give you the dish on this topic too!

Hey brother... read this:

http://www.scarymommy.com/10-things-you-dont-really-know-about-kids-until-you-have-kids/

Every. Single. Thing. said.

is 100% truth.

I laughed and was nodding my head yes at all points.   Check it out!

Not that anyone asked, but if I were going to give advice to first-time parents, I wouldn’t just state the obvious about their life changing forever. That’s not helpful. Kids are a lot of work, yadda, yadda, yadda. Instead, I’d sit them down in comfy chairs, hand them a beer or glass of wine, and break it down for them all realistic-style.

Best point of the article is #10.  The final point.

#10: Your Kids Are Worth All of It

You have no idea just how much you can love another person until you have kids. It is the fiercest, most intense love you can ever imagine. You will do everything in your power to protect your kids and see that they never come to harm because you helped to create this fragile life. You are responsible for this fragile life. You will understand what it means to be selfless. You will sacrifice for your child. You will do the best you can for your child. You would give your life for your child. You will understand that even though all of the other things are true, having someone to love and be loved unconditionally makes it all worth it.

Don't hesitate to come back here if you need some pro tips from those of us already in the trenches who "have been there"!

Cheers!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...