CoD4 refuses to start. Cause of this?

Daliger

Question

Hey community :)

For some reason, for the second time, on the second computer of mine, CoD4 multiplayer just stops working all together. What happens, is I try to start it up, screen goes black, and I get a iw.exe. failure popup window. I've tried running in safe mode, running as administrator, starting it from the main game menu. All have same result.

I'm re-installing the game now, and was wondering how, if at all possible, I could prevent this in the future. Does anyone know what makes this happen? 

4 answers to this question

No need to reinstall, if that happens next time recommend just pluggin in some headphones. I know sounds dumb but it works everytime. If not there are I think 3 other solutions to the problem.

Yeah, what Speed said. There is an odd audio/microphone fixed that has worked for me in the past.

Here's a list of common fixes: http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/108442/how-to-fix-the-call-of-duty-4-modern-warfare-multiplayer-crash-on-startup

Also moving topic to COD4 support.