The time has come

Eggtato

Dear All

It has been a fun road not long but oh well but the time has come where I have decided to leave the clan. I have my reasons. 

1) Trying to get killbox going, seems like some admins seem to enjoy playing than helping out, I find that funny. I find it funny how none of the 1.6 guys come on to 1.7 to help out. Seems to be only a handful of people want to camp killbox and i've had enough.  Yes I know there have been topics made about, lazy admins.

2) I believe in second chances and all that but 3rd chances I don't but that seems to be what we are giving some people who want to re-join.

3) Some RL stuff have come up. 

I know I will probably get a kick up the ass for making this topic but I don't know how I can go on. We've got the new coming in and it is time for me to move on.

Just like to say thank you for giving me the chance and the great servers and the amazing people in the clan. Just like to say a special thanks to everyone that helped me get here.

Goodbye.

WolfENgang

Edited by WolfENgang

As much as I hate to see you go, I understand dude. Take care, and I hope everything goes well for you. Saving that, I'm always on xfire if you want to talk; but you already know that :)

Don't forget to carry on joining us on Beginners, and Killbox when I ask extra nicely :P

I won't say goodbye because I'll still be able to talk and play with you :)

//Moved to the lounge because I want you to be able to read it after I fix your forum admin levels. 

Dear All

It has been a fun road not long but oh well but the time has come where I have decided to leave the clan. I have my reasons. 

1) Trying to get killbox going, seems like some admins seem to enjoy playing than helping out, I find that funny. I find it funny how none of the 1.6 guys come on to 1.7 to help out. Seems to be only a handful of people want to camp killbox and i've had enough.  Yes I know there have been topics made about, lazy admins.

2) I believe in second chances and all that but 3rd chances I don't but that seems to be what we are giving some people who want to re-join.

I know I will probably get a kick up the ass for making this topic but I don't know how I can go on. We've got the new coming in and it is time for me to move on.

Just like to say thank you for giving me the chance and the great servers and the amazing people in the clan. Just like to say a special thanks to everyone that helped me get here.

Goodbye.

WolfENgang

Few things I'd like to address before getting all sentimental.

1.) You only spent about a week camping Killbox (from what I saw Heretic did a bit more). Camping a server and getting it populated takes much more than that and you need more than 1-2 people to do it..it took Myself, Baska, Speedfact and a few others 2-3 months to fill Killbox with decent numbers. What it boils down to is getting a group of people (with even less of a life than myself) sitting on the server and playing there day-in and day-out for at least a month or three. I'm not talking just sitting in spec afk doing something else either...they need to be talking with people and being friendly (that's how we did it). People want to know that there are admins around and that they're friendly and that people actually play on that server. It's slow as shit at first but eventually you'll start to get a few of the same people who keep showing up and eventually it will build until you have a group of regulars, recruit them and they will start to play there and they will repeat it and so on until you have a good stable population of players. It's time consuming and a lot of hard work...as far as 1.6 guys not coming to 1.7 to help out, it works both ways. 1.6 has it's problems just like 1.7 does, we need admin on both ends, Some of them do already help with 1.7 but not everyone can and it's not mandatory that they do. if everyone left the 1.6 servers to come to 1.7 server that would leave servers in 1.6 with the same problem Killbox and the promod servers are having right now. At the moment we can't spare that many admin to do such things.

2.) You do not need to worry about or question our reasons for giving people multiple chances. We have our own good reasons for it  and I would hope you would trust us enough to believe that after years of being in the clan we know what we're doing by now. We all make mistakes, we're human. Everyone deserves a chance to show that they've learned from their past errors. Besides it's 3 strikes and you're out in American Baseball, works the same in the clan. I know you don't trust the leadership and you don't agree with us most of the time, but we have been doing this for a long time, we have seen it all before and know how everything usually plays out.

3.) Real life will always come first, that has been the clan motto from day 1...that alone is no reason to throw in the towel, you happen to have more than 1 so...

If a little failure, a bit of ridicule (albeit most of the time it was intended in a friendly way) some disagreements with your superiors and peers, and a  bit of lethargy is enough to make you want to throw in the towel, then perhaps I was wrong and you aren't quite mature enough for us yet...which is very unfortunate, I had high hopes for you kiddo.

Anyway, I hope you do not take personal offense to any of this, it is not my intent to insult you. Despite my own personal feelings about your reasons, I will respect them and you for coming forward with most of them (most of them we already talked about via xfire). I'll miss having Mr.Cuddles around and I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

cheers.

Edited by GI-JOE
  • Like 7

Dear All

I told you guys it doesnt happen over night. Takes time to camp a server, so not to get your hopes up. I also stated that it will be hard to get others on board cause lets face it which would you rather camp a dead server or a fun filled server?

No one has been given a 3rd chance that I know of. If you want to beat around the bush go ahead but I didnt see any negative comments on his app. And yeh I know who you are talking about. That being said we aren't heartless or mean, if someone says sorry and shows that they have understood what they have done we give em a chance. Long as they aren't hacking or piss us off to the point that they get banned or blacklisted for life...

If thats the case, hope everythin goes well for you.

Goodbye.

WolfENgang

We aint gonna kick ya in the ass for stating how you feel. Though I do have to disagree with some points. But to each his own, later.

EDIT: pwned by GI...lame

Edited by speedfact
  • Like 1

I say it was lot more than a couple of disagreements and the RL problems are some of the reasons and to me they were enough on its own to leave but then I felt it was needed to say what I wanted to say and how I felt if you have problems with that then obviously I made the right decision in my mind. Just fyi I didn't make this topic to get owned (pwned) I made it to say I am leaving but to also say you can't be in a group if you disagree, I may have made friends but that is not enough to stay in a group.