Killbox New Map Rotation

I was hoping for a lot of stuff for Killbox that includes a new map rotation. Well what I was thinking was like have all the small maps and have some of the big maps. So like:

Killhouse

Bog

Wetworks

Ambush

Vacant

Showdown

Crash

Shipment

I was thinking about TDM all over but any suggestions would be great.

Edited by WolfENgang

I was hoping for a lot of stuff for Killbox that includes a new map rotation. Well what I was thinking was like have all the small maps and have some of the big maps. So like:

Killhouse

Bog

Wetworks

Ambush

Vacant

Showdown

Crash

Shipment

I was thinking about TDM all over but any suggestions would be great.

I like these maps, but I think Kill box would work better with smaller rotations, but every month changing the rotation. So we could have a four map rotation of Killhouse, Bog, Wetworks and Vacant. Then the next month Ambush, Showdown, Crash and Shipment.  This would add more work but I think the variety and change would promote a more active environment.  And since the title of the server is Killbox, all maps should be TDM because that offers more opportunity to kill. I would suggest that the rotations have small and big maps.

If we're having just TDM on Killbox then the server name will need to be updated to reflect this, as per my conversation with Speed about it.

I also agree with Midnight. Every 2 months you could shuffle those 8 maps, split them in 2 and then you'd know the rotation for the next 2 months, without any confusion.

If we're having just TDM on Killbox then the server name will need to be updated to reflect this, as per my conversation with Speed about it.

I also agree with Midnight. Every 2 months you could shuffle those 8 maps, split them in 2 and then you'd know the rotation for the next 2 months, without any confusion.

I would only advise shuffling the map rotation once we get the server going again.

No. There are 20 maps within COD4 that we can choose from and doing the math thats about 6 separate (4 map) rotations that include one map:

Example: Ambush (1 map)

Mixed with: Backlot, Bog, Bloc

Countdown, Crash, Crossfire

District, Downpour, Overgrown

Pipeline, Shipment, Showdown

Strike, Vacant, Wetwork

Killhouse, Creek,Broadcast, Chinatown

There will be one five map rotation. Also this is one rotation that has the map Ambush in it. But then you can shuffle around the maps within this rotation and create a new one. So we have 20 maps, with 6 rotations, with 20 separate shuffles -20 because one will always repeat and we get about 2380 different combo's. So we should have a lot. I think my math might have been screwy so i need to do this on paper. :)

But you get the point: There are so many rotation combo's that we can really make a new rotation every month and not repeat. And if my math isn't screwy (hopeless thought) then this will last for about 198 years. :)

Edited by Midnight

No but I was suggesting the above rotation for while we are trying to get it populated. Then once we do get it populated then we can think of sorting the rotation out because all we are doing at the moment is trying to get server regulars.

But you get the point: There are so many rotation combo's that we can really make a new rotation every month and not repeat. And if my math isn't screwy (hopeless thought) then this will last for about 198 years. :)

*creates a random map rotation generator in PHP* ^_^

EDIT: In hindsight it'd probably be better to just make a single use script which creates all 2380 different rotations and then we could chose one of those rotations at random, using that random number generator website :P

Edited by Heretic121

Ooo I know a bit of PHP! I could do this... but I'm not going to because I'm working on other things. :P

Hahaha, I could easily do it but not much point unless it's actually going to be used :P

If you guys think you would use it then I'll happy make tonight if I get the chance, tomorrow if not :D

set g_gametype "war"

set sv_mapRotation "gametype war map mp_killhouse gametype dom map mp_bog gametype war map mp_convoy gametype war map mp_vacant gametype war map mp_showdown gametype koth map mp_crash gametype war map mp_shipment"

I added in some other types cause it is mix gametype..i thought only tdm would work but instead i got complaints its not mixed.

Anyways took wolfs rotation took out wetworks cause that lags people, and added dom and hq to two maps. what you all think?

• Like 1

set g_gametype "war"

set sv_mapRotation "gametype war map mp_killhouse gametype dom map mp_bog gametype war map mp_convoy gametype war map mp_vacant gametype war map mp_showdown gametype koth map mp_crash gametype war map mp_shipment"

I added in some other types cause it is mix gametype..i thought only tdm would work but instead i got complaints its not mixed.

Anyways took wolfs rotation took out wetworks cause that lags people, and added dom and hq to two maps. what you all think?

Sounds good and yea mixed gametype will be fun aswell.