Lag on Objective sounds/texts

Onni

Hiya

As the title says, I get screen freezing/lag/connection interrupted with OBJ related sounds and texts, for example "5 minutes left" or Allies / Axis constructing an objective, even with "Firing for effect" when playing Field op.

I've found only like 2-3 topics with same problem and I've tried re-installing the game, changing ET's folder location, using pk3 cleaner, rising com_soundmegs to insane amounts, running the game in compatibility mode ( or what ever it is ), used Defraggler to get rid of trash..

I'm running Windows 7 64bit.

Core i5 2500K, LGA1155, 3.3 GHz, 6MB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560Ti
600W, Strider Essential, ATX 2.3, 80 Plus
1TB Caviar Green, 3.5", Sata3, IntelliPower, 64MB :D

I don't know really much about computers, and I don't think my pc specs are the problem here.
I'm playing with 1920x1080 resolution maxfps @ 125. I feel like this has quite big impact on my gaming. Spotting like 10 landmines at time will tilt the game totally biggrin.jpg

Anyone of you had this problem? Any help is appreciated and worth of trying!

• Administrators

Disable thread optimization in Nvidia GPU settings or it was something like that.. causing shuttering issues... search our forum and you will get the answer.

Weird, did you tweak any sound settings like s_mixahead or s_mixprestep?

Tried playing with default settings?

-> Save your configs somewhere and then delete them from the profile folder of the mod and any autoexec.cfg if you have some.

Start ET, type cvar_restart in console followed by snd_restart, in_restart, vid_restart. You can change resolution, sensitivity and binds but leave anything else at default for a test.

Did it start from one day to the other or did you change any drivers / software / hardware before?

e:

And do you use the "usual" settings? Like turning "threaded optimization" off as mentioned, setting power management to "prefer maximum performance" in the same panel. Playing ET with admin privileges?

Edited by S3ti

seta s_mixahead "0.2"

seta s_mixPreStep "0.05" 

Yup I got those in my cfg and they're default settings I think. Also I have played ET always with default Nvidia panel settings until this problem started (started pretty recently, 2-3 months ago).

I did cvar_restart and other stuff and went to test on FA1, and I actually didn't get a lag spike when I planted the dyno but it could be because there were not really much people on yet, so I will try again later today. The more people, the bigger the lag spike is I think.

So the problem is probably in my cfg since I like to try new stuff pretty often and mix settings together, especially r_ settings

seta s_mixahead "0.2"

seta s_mixPreStep "0.05" 

Yup I got those in my cfg and they're default settings I think. Also I have played ET always with default Nvidia panel settings until this problem started (started pretty recently, 2-3 months ago).

Settings like "threaded optimization" in the nvidia panel are essential, else you get periodically lagspikes and stutters. Also the "power management" setting can cause trouble on newer cards, they are throttling down to 2D clocks randomly with older games.

So the problem is probably in my cfg since I like to try new stuff pretty often and mix settings together, especially r_ settings

Yes, therefore I asked if you tried it with ET's default settings to track the problem down to your config.

Settings like "threaded optimization" in the nvidia panel are essential, else you get periodically lagspikes and stutters. Also the "power management" setting can cause trouble on newer cards, they are throttling down to 2D clocks randomly with older games.

Yup I have tried both of those and many more while ago and they didn't help out. I guess I have to go try changing render settings 1 by 1 to find out the command that's behind this :/

Will do when I get home but I don't think it's network related if those spikes appear only when there's something obj related. That spike I saved like 4 hrs ago when somebody planted dynamite on Adlernest...

• 2 months later...

Hey and sorry for reviving old thread, but I totally forgot this thread and btw still have this problem :)

Here are the WinMTR results

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|                           192.168.0.254 -    0 |  500 |  500 |    0 |    0 |    5 |    0 |
|                            84.250.128.1 -    0 |  500 |  500 |    5 |    8 |  100 |    8 |
|                           213.248.75.17 -    3 |  449 |  436 |   12 |   16 |  107 |   12 |
|                            80.91.250.60 -    0 |  500 |  500 |   19 |   23 |  119 |   21 |
|                         213.155.130.173 -    0 |  500 |  500 |   27 |   39 |  147 |   30 |
|                           80.91.245.159 -    1 |  497 |  496 |   28 |   32 |  117 |   29 |
|                            77.67.73.113 -    1 |  497 |  496 |   28 |   33 |  140 |   28 |
|                           89.149.183.81 -    1 |  497 |  496 |  133 |  137 |  204 |  134 |
|                            77.67.70.166 -    3 |  461 |  451 |  135 |  138 |  225 |  136 |
|                            69.31.111.10 -    1 |  497 |  496 |  134 |  137 |  203 |  137 |
|                               8.9.4.227 -    0 |  500 |  500 |  137 |  139 |  203 |  139 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
   WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Any suggestions, which r_ settings could be the reason for this obj sound lag?

WinMTR_FA1(2).txt

Edited by Onni