A serious word about cigarettes you may not know...

Ol Smoke

I worked in the medical field for over 20 years and I took a lot of xrays, CT's and MRI's in my time.  I went to a lot of medical meetings.

Here is something I picked up from a doctor at the Mayo Clinic one time.

More people who smoke cigarettes die from heart disease than from cancer.  The reason:   filtered cigarettes.

Most people believe that if you put a filter on the end of a cigarette it is helping cut down on the bad things you inhale.

Not true.

The more you filter tobacco smoke, the higher the carbon dioxide levels go.  It is carbon dioxide that produces heart failure in smokers.

If you want to continue to smoke, then trim that filter down to about 1/8".  This will keep the tobacco from getting into your mouth, but

it won't raise the CO2 .  That is why most of the GI's who came home from WWII never got that sick from smoking.  Most smoked unfiltered

cigs all their life.  Yeah they got other things from smoking, but mostly cancer or something.

Here is another thing to remember.  Smoking a pipe or cigar rarely ever gives anyone cancer or heart problems.  The reason cigs are so bad

is because of the chemical they spray on it, to keep it burning.  Cigar smokers usually get lip cancer.  Just like dippers.

So, if you smoke cigs, just heed my advice.  Get rid of that filter.

If you want to switch to unfiltered cigarettes, then cut them in half.  You really only need about 3 puffs to satisfy the addiction.  

My dad smoked unfiltered Camels since he was 12 years old.  He died at 78.  Not from smoking, but from a brain aneurysm.  His lungs were perfectly fine

and so was his heart.  The aneurysm was formed from an injury he had to the front of his brain when he was in the war.

Just FYI

Edited by Ol' Smoke
  • Like 4

On top of this, all smokers will know that filters start to melt when you get down to half way - meaning you're also inhaling plastic fumes.

I smoke rollies using ultra slim short filters so I guess I'm a healthy smoker :P Lmao!

• Like 2

Yeah,don't be worried about the crap in the atmosphere,the wireless signals going thru your body 24 hours a day,365 days a year,the GMO food,the injections in the meat,the radiation leaking from fukushima every day,the water being full of chemicals and heavy metals..

And the least of all you should worry about are the xray's,MRI & CT's cause cancer more than smoking.

The truth is it all adds up,but you're being f**ked up every day..not to mention if you work in the building trade..

You can't avoid death..it comes to us all.

• Like 3

Actually,  I wrote this for the guys who are not going to quit.  They have every right to smoke.  It's our choices that makes us free.

I just thought that this would, in some small way, make the smoking they do, a little better for them.

Here is an added word for you  El Indio.  Oxygen is the biggest crippler of mankind.  It deteriorates your body from the day you 

start breathing.  Anti-oxidants is a cute way of saying  "Oxygen fighting chemical".  That is why there is more nitrogen in our

atmosphere than oxygen.  Oxygen creates rust on everything that has any trace of iron in it.   Like your blood cells.  Only your

blood doesn't rust,  it actually falls apart when exposed to oxygen.   Weird heh?

• Like 1

Yeah,don't be worried about the crap in the atmosphere,the wireless signals going thru your body 24 hours a day,365 days a year,the GMO food,the injections in the meat,the radiation leaking from fukushima every day,the water being full of chemicals and heavy metals..

And the least of all you should worry about are the xray's,MRI & CT's cause cancer more than smoking.

The truth is it all adds up,but you're being f**ked up every day..not to mention if you work in the building trade..

You can't avoid death..it comes to us all.

yes you're right. but this isn't the point here. this topic is intended for those smokers. smoke's just relayed a brief 'good-to-know' info about filtered vs unfiltered smoking w/ cigarettes & its effects. i don't smoke but thanks for the info i could actually tell to this to my stubborn smoker friends

but i doubt that smoking isn't the cause of your father's death/aneurysm. smoking is the root of all 'evil' lolz....http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/02/100226093207.htm

• Like 1

I understand your point Ol'Smoke,

I changed my filter size way back, when I started to role my own cigs back 15 years ago. Funny thing is at my age I still run even being a smoker, and I have smoked since 1981.

I mean I work in the Demolition and Reconstruction business, welded a good portion of my life, my trade is a Millwright. Last x - ray I had was last year and the Doc said my lungs were, clear. Got on the vertical stress climb machine or what ever that machine is called and the Doc said my heart was as strong as a horse, even at the max angle that thing goes my pulse never went above 70. I can thank the Koreans for that. They taught me how to run in the mountains and control my heart rate.

Yep smoking is good for you, its the crap the spray on the fruit orchards, the genetically altered foods you eat and the meat you consume that is actually killing people. lol

Its good to know I'll die in a genetically altered state.

Smoking is the least of my worries, I smoke several hand rolled cigars a week and my unfiltered pipe in between. The problem I face is as a firefighter I breath in all the methal-ethal bad shit that modern buildings produce when they burn, that or a heart attack from too much bacon is what is going to do me in

I switched to rolling my own unfiltered about 6 months ago; and I'm running a half marathon in 3 weeks :D I really feel better after not using a filter, but maybe because I get higher quality "additive free" tobacco compared to the pre-packed smokes. 

Not really.. Everything that we do or take part of any more is getting increasing bad for us. Heck, even the medicine we take has some horrible side effects. I take on med that helps my heart, but every 3 months I have to get my liver checked because it damages it.. Every soda that you drink, or hormone injected animal you eat, is destroying you.. Unless there is a way to go back to the all natural days of living, we are doomed anyway.. To me it's like this, I have one time and one time only to live out this life, I figure I will enjoy it the best that I can, the best that I know how.. That being said, I am actively trying to quit smoking.. I have went from two and a half packs a day, down to just over half a pack.. I am not quitting because I think it will kill me, I am quitting because I think the quality of my life will improve..

True, and there is also no such thing as the famous black "smoker's lung". Saw some report a while ago where some pathologist told that he can't tell if the person was a smoker or not by the look of the lungs. All those photos and lungs in exhibitons are just colored black. Worst thing in cigarettes are the perfumes and additives that are sprayed over the tobacco, personally I only smoke tobacco without additives (who knows if it's really true) and since I'm used to that I can't smoke normal cigarettes anymore and they taste really strange somehow.

For sure it will not be healthy if you smoke 50 cigs a day, but a few won't harm you in any way. Same as you would drink 3 liter soft drinks (or even worse the diet versions) a day, that won't be healthy too, prolly even worse for your body than smoking. Things consumed in moderation do no harm in any way and our organisms are built for consuming, filtering, renewing and I think few cigs won't damage it beyond recall.

But meanwhile this whole smoking theme is so full of lobbyism and people tend to develop extremistic tendencies beyond common sense, on every side.

• Like 2