Fire!

Midnight

So for my job I work at Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area in Las Vegas.

The link can tell you more about us, but since July 1st there has been a fire burning in our Northern Boundary of Mount Charleston, the Carpenter 1 Fire.  As of before today the fire was behind the La Madre Mountain Range/Spring Mountain Range (the mountain range in the photo).  As of a few minutes ago, the fire crested the ridge and is now spreading into the direct Red Rock Area. The fire is estimated at over 20,000+ acres with about a 15% containment. The winds have picked up and the weather forecast predicts more thunderstorms moving into the area, which is how this fire got started (dry lightning). With the higher winds and the threat of more fires, please praise our firefighters for their hard work and hope for the best.

Photo was taken by a fellow colleague.

post-8873-0-01376200-1373482973_thumb.jpg

Oh nice you got the Mt.Charleston fire going on there. Its been suffocating us all out of Vegas haha.

FRIENDLY FACT:   Its a major pain in the ass but makes some beautiful photos if you get it at the right time lol

http://www.lasvegassun.com/carpenter-one-fire-map/#axzz2Yfo2p0me

Thats the map of the fire

Edited by Shinobi
  • Like 1