• Killhouse
    • Pipeline
    • Shipment
    • Showdown
    • Strike
    • Vacant
    • Wetworks
    • Winter Crash

lol i guess what speedo means is last time when there was a vote people got the rotation changed within a week :).. But anyways i guess no harm in trying again speedy.. lets give it a shot..

However Bog has to stay... Its my favorite :D

Yup

you all will get bored :P lol

Disagree because at the moment we run TDM on beginners and you want variety how... There are no new maps only custom and there is no chance we would have custom maps on beginners. So where next... different gametypes nope because it is beginners I imagine TDM is the only thing there... 

I can give you the maps that get populated well:

Pipeline, District, Strike (did until taken out), Chinatown, Ambush, Backlot, Broadcast, Crash, Vacant (did til taken out), Crossfire, Downpour 

add more but some maps that don't are

Bog, Showdown, Creek, Bloc, Countdown and WetWorks.

I forgot one Overgrown is a good one...

Edited by WolfENgang

No it will stay tdm, but think bout it this way. As I explained on xfire, you guys get bored easily. We average a map rotation a month, usually after someone has posted we need a new one. That means around 10 to 12 rotations a year. Everytime its the same 2 reasons: map rotation sucks fix it or I'M SO BORED. Now if we applied all maps, what will we do the next time you guys get bored? It might not happen right away but it will happen.

As for the vote thing, the reason i said that is what killer said. Last time map rotation lasted less than 2 weeks, reasons I took the top 11 and everyone decided they wanted to change their votes or minds after map rotation was implemented. So if you all want to vote im not stoppin you, was just stating my opinion like i let you all state yours.

Just a warning this time, think really hard before chosin a map this time. Experiment, get to know the maps and then decided cause you will be stuck with them and this time no one will change it.

Disagree because at the moment we run TDM on beginners and you want variety how... There are no new maps only custom and there is no chance we would have custom maps on beginners. So where next... different gametypes nope because it is beginners I imagine TDM is the only thing there... 

I can give you the maps that get populated well:

Pipeline, District, Strike (did until taken out), Chinatown, Ambush, Backlot, Broadcast, Crash, Vacant (did til taken out), Crossfire, Downpour 

add more but some maps that don't are

Bog, Showdown, Creek, Bloc, Countdown and WetWorks.

I forgot one Overgrown is a good one...

rotations keep getting boring for everyone. the only way to keep it interesting is to remove some maps and add some new ones.. as you stated we dont have any "new" maps so we dont put all maps in there. We keep a few and hold a few back.. The next time that ppl ask for a rotation change we take out a few again and add the ones held back. That is the only way to add some spice to the rotations..

The current rotation is fine for the moment. I've had some complaints about certain maps but it takes some warming up to. 

Maps like Crossfire and Bog are beginning to have bigger populations as like all servers there are times during the day where there are always fewer people and others when full.

Just give the maps a chance.

Well, I'll put my 2 cents in.

as a whole any rotation becomes monotonous with the right amount of time.

Having a random rotation has its faults as the algorithm used can lead to maps being played too much, too little or perhaps bad combinations.

That being said, Beginners is a high pop server. When you have 18-30 people on a map that has no cover or has a very small area it turns into a fragfest. (wetwork and bog for sure fall into that category. Countdown has cover in the spawn areas but is pretty wide open)

most of the maps were designed for 12 to a max of 18 person games, but they can still be fun with more people for those like me who enjoy spawn toobing on bog. When I see a vote like this and see the biggest map, Bloc, getting as many votes as Bog it makes me freak out a little lol. As for the assertions that certain maps scare players away, that is certainly true for Bog and Wetwork IMO, but the evidence is circumstantial at best.

HOWEVER, I do have a couple of suggestions that I hope people will consider.

1. We have more servers on 1.7 than just beginners. There is also killbox, a desolate server I once called home, the exact opposite of beginners. I have tried playing there and we can get some people on a map like showdown but when it switches to overgrown... they all leave...

My suggestion is, put all the small maps/open maps  (Showdown, Wetwork, Shipment, Killhouse, Bog, Countdown, vacant and a random medium map) into a rotation on killbox. On beginners, put all the large maps, some of the medium maps and a small map (Strike, Pipeline, District, Crossfire, Creek, Crash, Chinatown, Broadcast, Bloc, Backlot, Ambush and another 1 or 2 of the smaller maps). That way if someone wants to play a map that is not on one rotation, it will be on another and the maps will suite the CURRENT population levels.

2. There are a couple of tools out there that can be used to allow some variance in a rotation. Some of the tools are already built into the game and plugins FA uses. I am not suggesting a random rotation as a whole though, but rather only slightly. For example, there are 10 maps in a rotation. a map can only be played once every 8 games. That means there are 2 maps to be randomly selected at a given time after the first play through of the rotation. Since its random certain maps may not show up for a while but since there is only a 50/50 chance at any given time it should be manageable and could infact lead to a less monotonous structure for a rotaion as it will always be evolving a little bit at a time. 

The map pool that is used can be updated quickly and without much, if any, stress on the leaders about the actual order of maps.

3. PLAY ON THE OTHER FA SERVERS. HELP US GET KILLBOX BUMPING AGAIN!!!!

obviously this relates to the first point but even if/when I get told I am a bit derpy and its not a good idea, please help us get the promod and killbox servers going again.

That is all, I may have spent too much time on this lol, but I do sincerely mean everything I have said and hope you will at least read itand consider my points ^^ see you in battle either way and Leaders, I know you try your best to make a fair rotation either way, so I dont hold grudges over map rotations lol

EDIT: I somehow posted before I wanted to.. derp.

Edited by CaulkLiquor
  • Like 1

Eh Caulk, that was not two cents, that was like 10 bux :P

Poured it all out didnt he haha ;) thats exactly what we need.

• Like 1

Well, I'll put my 2 cents in.

as a whole any rotation becomes monotonous with the right amount of time.

Having a random rotation has its faults as the algorithm used can lead to maps being played too much, too little or perhaps bad combinations.

That being said, Beginners is a high pop server. When you have 18-30 people on a map that has no cover or has a very small area it turns into a fragfest. (wetwork and bog for sure fall into that category. Countdown has cover in the spawn areas but is pretty wide open)

most of the maps were designed for 12 to a max of 18 person games, but they can still be fun with more people for those like me who enjoy spawn toobing on bog. When I see a vote like this and see the biggest map, Bloc, getting as many votes as Bog it makes me freak out a little lol. As for the assertions that certain maps scare players away, that is certainly true for Bog and Wetwork IMO, but the evidence is circumstantial at best.

HOWEVER, I do have a couple of suggestions that I hope people will consider.

1. We have more servers on 1.7 than just beginners. There is also killbox, a desolate server I once called home, the exact opposite of beginners. I have tried playing there and we can get some people on a map like showdown but when it switches to overgrown... they all leave...

My suggestion is, put all the small maps/open maps  (Showdown, Wetwork, Shipment, Killhouse, Bog, Countdown, vacant and a random medium map) into a rotation on killbox. On beginners, put all the large maps, some of the medium maps and a small map (Strike, Pipeline, District, Crossfire, Creek, Crash, Chinatown, Broadcast, Bloc, Backlot, Ambush and another 1 or 2 of the smaller maps). That way if someone wants to play a map that is not on one rotation, it will be on another and the maps will suite the CURRENT population levels.

2. There are a couple of tools out there that can be used to allow some variance in a rotation. Some of the tools are already built into the game and plugins FA uses. I am not suggesting a random rotation as a whole though, but rather only slightly. For example, there are 10 maps in a rotation. a map can only be played once every 8 games. That means there are 2 maps to be randomly selected at a given time after the first play through of the rotation. Since its random certain maps may not show up for a while but since there is only a 50/50 chance at any given time it should be manageable and could infact lead to a less monotonous structure for a rotaion as it will always be evolving a little bit at a time. 

The map pool that is used can be updated quickly and without much, if any, stress on the leaders about the actual order of maps.

3. PLAY ON THE OTHER FA SERVERS. HELP US GET KILLBOX BUMPING AGAIN!!!!

obviously this relates to the first point but even if/when I get told I am a bit derpy and its not a good idea, please help us get the promod and killbox servers going again.

That is all, I may have spent too much time on this lol, but I do sincerely mean everything I have said and hope you will at least read itand consider my points ^^ see you in battle either way and Leaders, I know you try your best to make a fair rotation either way, so I dont hold grudges over map rotations lol

EDIT: I somehow posted before I wanted to.. derp.

This... is the best way ever at the moment. I hope they take it in and I agree with it.

Honestly, yea I mean I have my favorite maps that I would like to play and there are some that I really hate, but in the long run if it

keeps the servers full and over all everyone is happy, then I am good with it.. I will play whatever is in the rotation, even if sometimes

I may whine a little on TS about camper friendly maps hehe..  :D  The rotation will never please everyone, but just like the old days

at the arcade, lay your quarter down on the machine, because eventually your turn will come around :D

Bog is a stupid map for 13 against 13 it is basically YaY lets get killed by an Airstrike or maybe we should start eating them. Same with Countdown, Wetworks and all the terribly small maps... As Caulk said all the small maps go in Killbox because it is called Killbox. I assuming Killbox means small maps or it wouldn't be much of a killing box... :P back to the serious what caulk said is right Big maps for a heavily populated server like beginners small maps for killbox. Hopefully this will get Killbox more populated and make less people rage from beginners.

Edited by WolfENgang

dont u touch wetworks !!!! =) jk i love it and u all know it, u cant do this to me =)

I'm with ya Alex, but I have a feeling no one will listen hehe :D  We are the minority on this one :/