Diggler family vacation to a Volcano

Diggity

Hey guys, just got back from a 5 day vacation with my family.  I thought I would share some of the photos as most people asked "Where do you go on vacation when you are already in a vacation spot?".  For those who don't know, I currently live in Hawaii :yahoo Sorry, will control the excitement just a little.

We took a 30 minute flight from Oahu to Kona (or the Big Island as some call it).  This island has active volcanoes and lava flow, so we thought this was an excellent place to take our kids!  It also has one of two green sand beaches in the entire world, however it is a 3 mile hike over rough terrain to view...unless you pay a local guy in a 4x4 to drive you there...I am cheap so we walked. I have attached a photo of what the sand looks like.

We also like to take pictures of signs we find ironic, funny, or just plain ridiculous.  I will have attached a couple of those later.  Anyway, hope you enjoy the photos and for those who have not been I highly recommend it as this is one of the few places you can not only see an active volcano, but you can walk across craters that still have steam and heat coming up through the ground you are walking on...it is very safe..I made it back lol! 

Hope you enjoy! oh and feel free to ask questions, I would be more than happy to answer any.

=F|A= Diggity

post-11745-0-47646600-1372841139_thumb.jpg

post-11745-0-58481400-1372841188_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Wow nice... two beautiful pics...  did you have fun?

Thank you! Yeah it was a great time!  Only down side is I am the palest guy on earth and burn easy....and I live in the land of sun lol.

• Like 1

Ah but your not Irish! We burn crispy... Lovely pics. Love the ocean and anything to do with it. Can you go back and gt me some green sand for my collection? Puweese!?

• 2 weeks later...

Ah but your not Irish! We burn crispy... Lovely pics. Love the ocean and anything to do with it. Can you go back and gt me some green sand for my collection? Puweese!?

I am from Irish decent, I have two red headed demon children to prove it!  My grandmothers maiden name was Linn. So we might have the same blood flowing in us Mid, lol!  I visited Ireland a couple years ago, toured the Guinness brewery in Dublin!  The beer tastes better there!

Oh, they arrest you if you take the sand lol!

I am from Irish decent, I have two red headed demon children to prove it!  My grandmothers maiden name was Linn. So we might have the same blood flowing in us Mid, lol!  I visited Ireland a couple years ago, toured the Guinness brewery in Dublin!  The beer tastes better there!

Oh, they arrest you if you take the sand lol!

Oh dear!? Run....

Never been to Ireland, but would love to go.  I bet the beer is better there.  And now we just need to convince Soul that I am a ginger.  He doesn't believe me.

And honestly, whose gonna know you took the sand? "Sometimes you gotta be bad to be good!"

Lol, I got me some Irish too, my mom's maiden name is O'Redden! She put the ginger in ginger. But, of course, you could never tell lookin at me.

nice spot there diggz, I have a cousin who lives in Hawaii also, I'm soooo jelly.