Maps and it's issue - Info needed

daredevil

Hi there,

There is a glitch on the et_beach map that allies snipers can take advantage of.

When you are underwater, you can see through the water surface therefore you can spot an enemy while crouching then fire up quickly by standing up then crouching again while the enemy (the axis player) cannot see anything through the water surface.

I've attached 2 screenshots so you can see for yourself. Thanks for taking care of the matter. Not sure if the glitch is fixable by editing the map file or simply by dissallowing the use of the glitch.

Regards,

RASHOMON

Screenshot1.png

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2019 at 6:03 PM, Scarface06 said:

glitch et_mor2_night_final : (demo)  https://scarface06.xyz/docs/wet/TonyMartial/040119/demo0030.dm_84

i would like to clarify me and rocket tested this still there.even bots cant find u..lol

• 2 weeks later...

Glitch report Teuthonia_Final  

Allies can jump over bank door "through" the upper part of it and steal gold crates even when the Tank hasn't been repaired at first place, not to mention past one barrier. 
Used by some regular player.  I asked him to show how he did it. 
I showed it to @Gameplan as well as he was online too. 

• Like 2
  • 100 2

38 minutes ago, Ftwo said:

Allies can jump over bank door "through" the upper part of it and steal gold crates even when the Tank hasn't been repaired at first place, not to mention past one barrier.
Used by some regular player. I asked him to show how he did it.
I showed it to @Gameplan as well as he was online too.

Did you take a demo by any chance?

Thank you for reporting!

EDIT: Nevermind, now that I read it again I know what glitch you mean. This is not allowed to use. Unfortuanatly it is not possible to fix.

Edited by Smileyyy
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Ftwo said:

Used by some regular player.  I asked him to show how he did it. 
I showed it to @Gameplan as well as he was online too. 

Confirmed. Executed the move also and double-jump with crouch gets someone in.

Difficult to get back out, however, so defense may be able to make up the time, but have to leave the tank at the beginning of the map defenseless.

• Like 2
  • 100 2

6 minutes ago, Jiren said:

2019-02-18-181810-teuthonia_final.dm_84

Linux/ich. The player who sent her request to join F | A sent me this demo.

thank you for presenting my demo jiren, I had not contemplated that it was an open topic for all public, I thought it was the subject of solo = F | A =

• Like 2

On 1/11/2019 at 12:45 AM, RASHOMON said:

Hi there,

There is a glitch on the et_beach map that allies snipers can take advantage of.

When you are underwater, you can see through the water surface therefore you can spot an enemy while crouching then fire up quickly by standing up then crouching again while the enemy (the axis player) cannot see anything through the water surface.

I've attached 2 screenshots so you can see for yourself. Thanks for taking care of the matter. Not sure if the glitch is fixable by editing the map file or simply by dissallowing the use of the glitch.

Regards,

RASHOMON

Thank you for reporting this RASHOMON, I looked into it and found out why they use this textures instead of a transparent one. I found out that behind the boats the terrain under the water becomes invisible. So if the water would be transparent you could see a huge area with no texture, which would be even worse unfortuanatly. 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 9:18 AM, captnconcrete said:

i would like to clarify me and rocket tested this still there.even bots cant find u..lol

Indeed it is!!!  I was curious about it and tried it but would NEVER exploit for kills. It was an issue on PX server but of course no one knew how to fix maps. 

2 minutes ago, RendeL said:

The fresh new Italy_b3, bots dont work there. Need waypoints. Server b2.

Thanks Rendel, I believe @daredevil forgot to add em :) 

• Thanks 1

Server b2 map daybreak. When axis skips objectives (tank phase was skipped) axis bots starts to kill themselfs. Somehow they get stuck on some waypoint or so. On this crappy video it'll show selfkills and from what spawn point they run to kill themselfs.

Edited by Tukkonen
trying to get youtube video showing :D
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2