Moving to the UK from France

Seaside

Hello everyone, 

As some of you may already know, I applied for a job of foreign language assistant and I was successful ! Now I know where is my school and in which town and I wondered if some of you knew the town or what was around it? If there was good things to do and see... 

I am assigned in Billericay in Essex and the school i will be teaching in is called Mayflower highschool.  So any of you who knows about the place or who lives close to it, please contact me   :D I am eager to know more than what internet already taught me. 

http://www.mayflowerhigh.essex.sch.uk/page/default.asp?title=Home&pid=1

billericay.jpg

Aw, too far in the south! :blink:

Don't know anything about that place but congratulations and enjoy your time in UK.

(If you are ever going further North, let me know.)

• Like 1

Hello everyone, 

As some of you may already know, I applied for a job of foreign language assistant and I was successful ! Now I know where is my school and in which town and I wondered if some of you knew the town or what was around it? If there was good things to do and see... 

I am assigned in Billericay in Essex and the school i will be teaching in is called Mayflower highschool.  So any of you who knows about the place or who lives close to it, please contact me   I am eager to know more than what internet already taught me. 

Oh god... Essex :o Nah I'm joking, welcome to the UK and enjoy your stay. Although, for the life of me, I have no idea why you'd want to come to the UK  :wacko:

Aw, too far in the south! 

Don't know anything about that place but congratulations and enjoy your time in UK.

(If you are ever going further North, let me know.)

Wait... wut? How far North are we talking? :D

• Like 1

Oh god... Essex :o Nah I'm joking, welcome to the UK and enjoy your stay. Although, for the life of me, I have no idea why you'd want to come to the UK  :wacko:

I have already heard good jokes about the blondes there and the countryside lol.

I am going there to try to be flluent in English  :P I have an English degree but when I come back in France i will need to study two more years to be an English teacher. That job is a great opportunity for my carreer.

• Like 1

Thank you :D

And other questions : What is your internet provider? ( which one is the best) and cellphone's? 

ISP for me? I have Virgin Media. I've only ever had 2 problems whilst being with them and they've always dealt with it as quickly as possible. We have their large TV package, and 60MB broadband, for just under £60 per month.

Cellphones, not too sure. Personally, I've been with Orange but not many people seem to be happy with them. I guess it just depends which suits you.

• Like 1