Australia bans second video game in 24 hours

Chameleon

A second video game has been banned for sale in Australia by the Australian Classification Board.

State of Decay has joined Saints Row IV as the second game in 24 hours refused classification in Australia.

Executive producer Jeff Strain shared the bad news on gaming forum Undead Labs: http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/06/26/australia-bans-second-video-game-in-24-hours/?intcmp=obnetwork

No wonder Maky and Weetbix always play ET. I thought it was because they were lame, but turns out its the only game (besides solitaire) that Australia will let them play. :P

*Said with love*

• Like 7

No wonder Maky and Weetbix always play ET. I thought it was because they were lame, but turns out its the only game (besides solitaire) that Australia will let them play. :P

*Said with love*

LOL

• Like 1

Australians are missing out man.. NOT. Saints row 4 was gonna suck anyways, I am surprised they still call it Saints Row.

*Said with love*

:lol

• Like 1

Agreed

They have gone way off the game's original feel and its battling aliens instead of fighting for respect

We live in a world of hypocrites, prohibitions on some things but permissions with other that can become even more dangerous, bah...

• Like 2

I'm from AUS and yes because of this I've been playing ET for the last who knows how many years lol....naaah I just love ET....pew pew pew.

For those who don't know AUS was meant to get R18 classification for games. Not sure if its in effect yet but probably not yet because of this news.

Yep Australia would be getting an 18+ rating on games, because too many parents here need classifications on them as they cant decide for themselves what games are suitable for their kids to play.

hahaha Midnight.. I prefer spider solitare myself... Takes a little more brain power

• Like 1

• 1 month later...