"Initializing" on my screen all the time

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, Snoopcat said:

I just joined with less than 15 players and the problem remains the same.

I deleted the NQ folder and downloaded all the files again while connecting on the server without a change.

I don't have any specific config, I've already tried with the ETplayer cfg and it was the same.
Other people from my clan and clan's firends had the message for a long time but not even close to my situation.

I will try to finish my windows script asap and since we will be going with 26 maps appx, I will just go ahead and remove it. 

• Leader
12 hours ago, Snoopcat said:

I don't have any specific config,

If you don't have a "specific" NQ-config, then ET would copy the config from your etmain-profile into the NQ profile folder.  

See if there is an autoexec.cfg in your new NQ folder, just for "completeness".

You (or something) may have made changes to the default ET config in the profile/-name folder in ETmain.

Do we have a copy anywhere of the default (newly-installed) ET config file?  He could replace the one in his NQ/profile folder with that and see what happens.  Save the current config to somewhere else, just in case. :D  (I always copy/save data elsewhere, rather than deleting it.  You never know when you might need it back).

Guest Chikorita

Hi everyone, i'm happy to see that i'm not alone to have this problem. Sometimes i can play but oftenely i can't -> "initializing screen". Only on NQ1 for sure.

Same here : i uninstalled and installed the game but no great result. My connection : 47 Mbps 

I hope that i can play again on this great server ! 

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bring this up again but did we ever find a definite fix for this?

Only asking as someone had the issue on NQ just now and couldn't get rid of it at all, \vid_restart, \reconnect etc.

Reading the latter part of the thread i get the impression its a config issue possibly??

The guy left before i could get back to him with a possible solution(s) but would be nice to say its such and such should he come back or anyone else have the issue.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Snuffs99 said:

Sorry to bring this up again but did we ever find a definite fix for this?

nop, so far no fix. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1