Pipeline - S&D

Showdown - TDM

Wetwork - S&D

Ambush - HQ

Vacant - Dom

Backlot - TDM

Downpour - Sab

Chinatown - TDM

This is from one of our regulars on Abner's.  Just a map rotation suggestion to consider:

Vacant - Dom

Crossfire - TDM

Broadcast - S&D

Bloc - Sab

Overgrown - Dom

Crash - TDM

Chinatown - S&D

Wetwork - Sab

District - TDM

Countdown - Sab

He obviously does not like HQ.  Anyway I told him I'd post this on the Abner rotation discussion.

I do kinda like the rotation stated. The only changes i would make to it is this:

Broadcast - sab

Countdown - S&D

No Wetwork because that will end up in a nade-fest.

for CREEK I really like HQ... cause on creek high ground camps... and pick on other side... With HQ you are always moving around...

Also  I agree only 1 HQ 

the rotation can be larger. for the maps everyone seems to love.. put it in twice.(spread it out)   like Overgrown TDM  and later on overgrown capture the flag

I have another thing to add. NEVER add Crossfire as sabotage. It will just be a damn campfest and will always go to overtime if you dont have a good team that knows how to play.

• Like 1

I agree that one HQ is more than enough, and I feel like we should add creek back to the rotation - just not as sabatoge. Creek needs a constant rotation of the spawns for it not to be cheap for one team or the other, since the team that spawns with the cliff in front of them is essentially trapped inside a bowl, with 3 easily sniped exits out - making it almost impossible for them to win in sabatoge. Something that keeps us moving around the map constantly, and keeps the spawns rotated will work best, such as domination or TDM. HQ could also work, although with my dislike of the gametype I honestly wouldn't like it much, but it would work for others.

Time to just pick a new rotation and run with it  ! this thread is already about a month old now, and ...

LOTS of people are talking and asking for a new rotation in game, which is usually the time to mix it up and get a new rotation going ASAP before we lose them.

We can talk and plan all we want in this thread, but bottom line we will never get ONE PERFECT ROTATION that everyone agrees on, so ...

just pick a grouping that we already posted in here, doesn't matter which one really, and run with it for a couple months ... and then switch it up again in 2 or 3 months.

GAME ON !   :cheers

• Like 2

Time to just pick a new rotation and run with it  ! this thread is already about a month old now, and ...

LOTS of people are talking and asking for a new rotation in game, which is usually the time to mix it up and get a new rotation going ASAP before we lose them.

We can talk and plan all we want in this thread, but bottom line we will never get ONE PERFECT ROTATION that everyone agrees on, so ...

just pick a grouping that we already posted in here, doesn't matter which one really, and run with it for a couple months ... and then switch it up again in 2 or 3 months.

GAME ON !   :cheers

For what my two cents are worth...AGREED!  Just make a change, no need to be democratic about it anymore just make a change; watch for complaints; and make a change once the level of complaints reaches a point you are tired of hearing it.   Again appreciate the effort as I have no clue how to map make  B)  

• Like 1

So why not  just use this one now and we will mix it up for the next rotation 

Final Draft:

//*************************************************
// map rotation generated by mavrick.id.au
//*************************************************
set g_gametype "war"

set sv_mapRotation "gametype koth map mp_farm gametype war map mp_broadcast gametype sab map mp_cargoship gametype dom map mp_countdown gametype war map mp_crossfire gametype sd map mp_vacant gametype sab map mp_carentan gametype war map mp_pipeline gametype dom map mp_crash gametype sab map mp_citystreets gametype war map mp_creek"

Umm, I can't read that!  But if it is a change, YES! B)

Also, does anyone else see a similarity between Lain's sig and drgn's?  Confuses me as to which one I am reading when they are right next to each other :) Just sayin and not hatin!

Also, does anyone else see a similarity between Lain's sig and drgn's?  Confuses me as to which one I am reading when they are right next to each other :) Just sayin and not hatin!

ALL them  Little Bronies  confuse me  :dntk  but I'm OLD so I don't get it :blink:  , but not hatin' either. :hi

Diggs here is the map rotation Hipple posted above.  It is not easy reading the cfg server code if you have never created servers for Cod4.  I had listed this before, but just now found an error.  Farm is Downpour and not Overgrown as I had listed previously.  Other map names that differ in the above list are Citystreets = District and Carentan = Chinatown.  Also for game types King of the Hill is Headquarters and War is Team Death Match.

HQ – Downpour

TDM – Broadcast

Sab – Wetwork

Dom – Countdown

TDM – crossfire

S&D – Vacant

Sab – Chinatown

TDM – Pipeline

Dom – Crash

Sab – District

TDM - Creek

This is the setup Hipple has presented for the next rotation.

• Like 1

Thank you Snake for putting it in layman's terms!  Yes, my opinion is that will work.  No offense to Hipple, I am a Midwestern boy and we don't understand all that techy talk :)  Hope it gets approved and moved in to rotation!  Great work guys!  Someday maybe I will aspire to be a techy genius like Hip and Snakester ;)

Diggity

• 2 weeks later...