new abner rotation

for the most part LA I think the rotation I posted last conforms to your thoughts on the subject. 

Very well :app_2:

Too be honest I was more posting that as a general guideline / principle for ALL future Rotations on Abnerdog rather than your specific list at this time, which I didn't fully explore until just now ^_^

IF Speed wants to teach you, or I'd be willing to learn also ... for setting up new and future MAP/GAME rotations, so we can update them every 2-3 months I think that would be GREAT !

:thumbsup

IF Speed wants to teach you, or I'd be willing to learn also ... for setting up new and future MAP/GAME rotations, so we can update them every 2-3 months I think that would be GREAT !

Already taught him...for the most part. and no I don't like you.

Kiddin kiddin, ill include you in the pm conversation between me and emt, if that's ok with him that is.

Okay based on your latest config this is what I see:

HQ: Overgrown

TDM: Broadcast

Sab: Downpour

Dom: Countdown

Tdm: Crossfire

S&D: Vacant

Sab: Chinatown

TDM: Pipeline

Dom: Crash

Sab: District

Tdm: Creek

So one S&D and one HQ  with a good mix of TDM and Dom.  I like it, but am not fond of Downpour, however with the Sab it may be work fo me personally. Other than that I wouldn't mind seeing Bog, but that can wait.  I think what you have looks pretty good.

Since I am fumbling my way through the forums...ah, this is the place to talk about Abnerdog map rotations! LMAO!  I just want to say it is very much appreciated the work you guys do on the maps and keeping them fresh! I know I got a little to prove before I make any recommendations, but I will be happy to assist where I can! 

Snake I have mixed opinions on downpour, I used to really hate it, but it is growing on me as I have forced myself to play it more. My big problem is lag, and maps with a lot of effects plays heck with my computer....could be user issues and not the map, lol. 

Once again, thanks for your guys hard work.  For what it is worth LA, I still like ya even if Speed don't, lmao!  See ya in the maps!

Just bumping this up with my ideas:

I do like the current rotation, except for some maps:

- Ambush HQ: If you die once, the chance is likely that you end up on the other side of the map, and when you get to the HQ (if you get there) it will be already taken.

- Pipeline S&D: This map is to much biased to the defending side (MG turret can kill half the team at start) and is just too big.

- Wetwork S&D: I don't like this map. But it fits the gametype. But still, I don't like it.

If Ambush could be replaced by Creek or countdown (I have no idea how countdown will fit the HQ gametype) and Pipeline could be replaced by Overgrown Dom, I would be happy.

The rest of the rotation is good. I love Strike Dom and Vacant Dom and all the other maps!

I don't know how I missed this thread.

So what is the current upcoming rotation? Is it what hipple wrote or snake? I can't really put together what you wrote down there hipple with all the commands.

As long as there is more Sab, Dom, HQ etc than TDM I'm all set. The main reason I play on Abner is because of the non-TDM game types.

Just bumping this up with my ideas:

I do like the current rotation, except for some maps:

- Ambush HQ: If you die once, the chance is likely that you end up on the other side of the map, and when you get to the HQ (if you get there) it will be already taken.

This.

If your team looses the HQ, there is not a big chance to win the game. I wont even bother to explain it cuz most ppl know what im talking about.

If there will be HQ. Don't have respawn time.

That's true Lain and I'll explain for those that do not play mixed games much.  With HQ on a larger map if you are shot before the HQ is captured you will spawn about as far away from the HQ as possible.  Then throw in the 3-second delay for spawning and your chances of capturing the HQ are little to none.  Now, for what ever reason the team that captured the HQ will re-spawn very close to the next HQ location and the other team will spawn very far away leaving them to navigate the entire map to try and reach the HQ while the other team is already there and defending.  Large maps and delay in spawns do not work for this game type in my opinion. 

• Like 2

That's true Lain and I'll explain for those that do not play mixed games much.  With HQ on a larger map if you are shot before the HQ is captured you will spawn about as far away from the HQ as possible.  Then throw in the 3-second delay for spawning and your chances of capturing the HQ are little to none.  Now, for what ever reason the team that captured the HQ will re-spawn very close to the next HQ location and the other team will spawn very far away leaving them to navigate the entire map to try and reach the HQ while the other team is already there and defending.  Large maps and delay in spawns do not work for this game type in my opinion. 

Thanks snake! <3

agree on the spawn delay, it is more an issue with the run and gun TDM style of play IMO than it is on an objective map 

When I am on late after most of you girls are in bed (yes that means you LA), the problem I run in to is any map that has someone sitting and waiting to respawn.  Lately I have noticed more new players coming on and they play until an S&D map that they get discouraged and leave.  The other issue I notice is team stacking on S&D does not get resolved until the bomb goes off. Is there a way to fix that, cause typing "teams" does not work (guess I am looking for an admin command or something). 

Agree with pipeline being defender favored, there is only two directions to get down that hill.  What about changing the spawns to the sides, that way everyone has the same distance, multiple options to move, and find cover?  Just a thought. 

Again, your work is greatly appreciated!  (I also agree with Mox, can't understand the techy jargon, lmao!)

I agree that HQ needs to have small maps. Although it always seemed one sided when playing HQ. One team would always get all the HQs. I wouldn't mind seing HQ gone completely too. I would like to see creek and overgrown again as well. I miss my two sniping maps. The TDM for Creek would work although not so much HQ for Overgrown. I think domination for Overgrown is the best game type for that map simply because people who play that map mostly want to snipe and the flags are mostly covered by sniping spots where most HQ's are not.

How about Sabotage or TDM on Shipment! Would be crazy chaotic fun!

• Like 1

This is from one of our regulars on Abner's.  Just a map rotation suggestion to consider:

Vacant - Dom

Crossfire - TDM

Broadcast - S&D

Bloc - Sab

Overgrown - Dom

Crash - TDM

Chinatown - S&D

Wetwork - Sab

District - TDM

Countdown - Sab

He obviously does not like HQ.  Anyway I told him I'd post this on the Abner rotation discussion.